Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Airbag recall

On 10/27/2017 at 9:24 PM, Flytvr said:

Was that Lexus BRISTOL?

Yeah.

On 10/27/2017 at 10:28 PM, Big Rat said:

@Chuckie478 So do you think there is so merit in my master plan or or am I barking at the wrong bowser 😏

🐀

It might work.  Maybe I was too subtle.

• Like 1

@Chuckie478 So I had mine done at Lexus Bristol yesterday and they valeted not just cleaned her inside and also the outside was gleaming. I didn't want a loan car so myself and Mrs Rat were taken into the city centre and dropped off by the cafes bars and restaurants I won't bore you with next predictable 3 hours........... and our driver picked us up at the prearranged exactly on time thereafter.

Big thanx due to Simon Lisa techie Stevie and John at Lexus Bristol........ oh and they did guide me towards a Black pre reg GSF 66 Plate 300 miles yours for 53K that's 20K off the price of a new one anyone interested 🤗

Big Rat

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@DAW It seems so David, I guess if one was to negotiate hard you’d probably get it for less, still to rich for me the residual hits are still going to come hard, unless someone wants a keeper 😉

🐀

It is indeed still a lot of money for such a big hit on the residuals, if that’s the level they are having to discount to get a buyer. Still probably means they will be a good 2nd hand buy in the not to distant future - sounds familiar!!

• Like 1

@Big Rat it’s a shame that the F brand is not more appreciated, but I’m sure that’s not going to change significantly any time soon. Still as you say it has its advantages for us 👍🏻

1 hour ago, DAW said:

@Big Rat it’s a shame that the F brand is not more appreciated, but I’m sure that’s not going to change significantly any time soon. Still as you say it has its advantages for us 👍🏻

I think with time it may start to become more famous but it's going to take decades really!  They need a good mainstream Motorsport presence and maybe something a little more accessable and cheap like a CTF!!lol

Knowing what Lexus is like they would still want £40k for it anyway

• Like 1

You are absolutely right more of a motor sport presence would help the brand a lot.

I bought a very nice F polo shirt  from the owner of an RCF race car running in the European GT series (at Goodwood FoS), which I hadn’t Even realised was part of that series. They could do with some more higher profile racing which is well covered in the uk.  Wouldn’t do them any harm to run an F branded car in the British Touring car series for example.

• Like 1

@DAW David couldn’t agree more they do seem to rely on more on the Toyota aspect here, we don’t get to see the big boy Lexus race stuff here, accepting there isn’t a race series here like the states japan and Europe, shame.

Big Rat

• Like 1

Had mine done today at Cardiff. No issues and they gave £25 of fuel which apparently lexus hq will cover. They cleaned the inside but I told them not to touch the outside as I only trust highly paid professionals with my paintwork 🤣

Got a CT loaner and really enjoyed it, apart from the gearbox! 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Had mine done today at Cardiff. No issues and they gave £25 of fuel which apparently lexus hq will cover. They cleaned the inside but I told them not to touch the outside as I only trust highly paid professionals with my paintwork 🤣

Got a CT loaner and really enjoyed it, apart from the gearbox! 

@Rusty Crobar I bet when you took it back it was begging for mercy 😉

🐀

• Haha 1

Drats.....didn’t know there was a Lexus dealership in Guildford. When I entered my postcode the Croydon one came up.

i asked them if they can loan me the RC-F whilst the work was being done!. Well it was worth a try!

I've been happy with the work they've done for me. Not so keen on some of the other Inchcape dealerships, however I know the guys there pretty well and their work has been good.

• 3 weeks later...

had mine done at Guildford, courtesy car and they cleaned it, but no free fuel.... Obviously I am in deep shock at this lack, though I did avail my self of their coffee....

I booked with Lexus Stockport around a month ago for recall and service today but they called me yesterday to cancel as the parts hadn't arrived. Anyone else had this and any idea how long the delay might be?
There are 50 million cars affected. To get all cars done the manufacturers would have to have supplied and fit 96 airbags a minute for a whole year without a single break. Or one a minute for 95 years.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

The beast in today for airbag recall and got this for the day, it's a softer ride but no throttle response and steering is slower but it's nice. 114500 miles on my 08 isf and a couple of thousand on this but my isf doesn't feel any older to drive.

More buttons to play with in this.

Got a safety report sent from lexus, email and video, stating nothing to report and a full list of things they checked all for free. 

Courtesy car looked as though it was driver through a pig farm when they gave it to me, so I've washed it for them as i was happy about getting a free safety check.

20171128_130234.jpg

• Like 2

Got the car back from Lexus Newbridge, Edinburgh.

Airbag recall work done.

Washed and valeted.

Free safety check done.

Coffee, bottle of water left in car cup holder.

I put car in this morning with low fuel light on and get it back with half tank as part of there recall policy.

Would recommend them highly if anyone needs taking care of.

Great service.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the air bag recall done at Lexus Croydon. Gave me an IS Hybrid for the time the car was being worked on. Cleaned car in and out and gave it a visual safety check.

Said it was in fantastic condition for the year. Reduced the price to 15500 but still no takers on auto trader. I will keep car if it doesnt sell privately. In a way i am hoping it doesnt sell!!!

• Like 1