Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Airbag recall

Well...  she made it.  Nothing untoward to report apart from my request for an RCF turned into an IS300h.  They even had an LC500 demo there :-(

The health check did reveal my rear tyres are on the legal limit though so a pair of brand new 275/30/19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres are being popped on Lichelle on Monday.  So much for free recall...  It's cost me £400 ;-)

I was also in today at Edinburgh Lexus getting recall done.  My promise of an RCF turned into a CT200 so I was also rather disappointed!  Service was good though and car came back cleaner and with more petrol that I left it.  A couple of pics of the visit also. Even got to meet a fellow ISF owner!!

20171025_174436.jpg

20171025_171859.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

I was also in today at Edinburgh Lexus getting recall done.  My promise of an RCF turned into a CT200 so I was also rather disappointed!  Service was good though and car came back cleaner and with more petrol that I left it.  A couple of pics of the visit also. Even got to meet a fellow ISF owner!!

20171025_174436.jpg

20171025_171859.jpg

Excellent. Glad you got it sorted Marcus!  Don't they look great in silver ;)

7 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Excellent. Glad you got it sorted Marcus!  Don't they look great in silver ;)

When I first seen it I thought it was an IS220.  I'm starting to lean towards changing my wheel colour though back to something a bit darker, what you think?

Marcus

1 minute ago, Jgtcracer said:

When I first seen it I thought it was an IS220.  I'm starting to lean towards changing my wheel colour though back to something a bit darker, what you think?

Marcus

Your Mrs is a tog isn't she?  Get a picture of the car and get her to darken the wheels. See what you think from there.

Just now, Flytvr said:

Your Mrs is a tog isn't she?  Get a picture of the car and get her to darken the wheels. See what you think from there.

That involves the wife being remotely interested in the car so that's a non starter!!  I can use Photoshop so will give it a bash

• Haha 1

So all this talk about 'free' petrol from Lexus when our cars go in for the airbag recall has got me thinking 💭 

On my way to Bristol when I get mine done I have to go past Bristol international airport, so I thought I'd nip in and borrow one of these and see just how generous these dealers can be............... yes I accept it's a tad ambitious but if I pull it off gotta be better than some free plastic drinks bottle 😂

IMG_0545.JPG.745afdf4c77c5fdd5bf26251b76eb5ed.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

So all this talk about 'free' petrol from Lexus when our cars go in for the airbag recall has got me thinking 💭 

On my way to Bristol when I get mine done I have to go past Bristol international airport, so I thought I'd nip in and borrow one of these and see just how generous these dealers can be............... yes I accept it's a tad ambitious but if I pull it off gotta be better than some free plastic drinks bottle 😂

Big Rat

Good luck finding an ISF tow bar ;-)

47 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

That 'free plastic drinks bottle' tasted like the nectar of the gods!!   

My 5 year old told me so!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

That 'free plastic drinks bottle' tasted like the nectar of the gods!!   

My 5 year old told me so!!

My free plastic Foxtrot Alpha tasted like...  Foxtrot Alpha ;-)

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

Yes there's always a fly in the ointment, don't suppose some cable ties and gaffer tape will do it........

🐀

Why bother with such a robust design. You’ve been using Blutak and sellotape to fix houses for years 😜

5 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

Wouldn't hold your breath.  I didn't get any fuel and the car was pretty much empty :sad:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Terry Barr said:

My recall letter from Lexus turned up yesterday. Booked into Lexus Woodford for December 5th. Noe I've heard about the free petrol I' try not to have it full.

That’ll be interesting, mine was done at Woodford, washed yes,......Petrol??........🤔.......nope, feel like I’ve been robbed 😔

13 hours ago, emjay82 said:

My airbag recall was completed today by Lexus Guildford, pleasant enough service, no fuel or free gift... 🤔 

I would of DEMANDED my elixir of the gods!!!!

Airbag recall completed by Lexus Teesside, they also replaced the dashboard clips after I mentioned I was relying on felt pads stuffed between the dash and windscreen to stop it rattling. Drove it last night on an 80 mile round trip and all seems well, no rattles from the dash at all - so very pleased.

Got a CT200h as a loan for the day, which seems standard for the recall, and when I collected my car I had been given a free valet (on the invoice) and I also got fuel (not on invoice) - went in with about a 1/4 tank and it had just over 1/2 a tank on pickup - so it's funny how some are getting fuel while others don't?

However, the health check condemned my rear tyres - tread was OK but they were showing some cuts and cracks and they've also diagnosed a stuck rear brake caliper. They were suprisingly competitive with the tyre quote so got those sorted but I'm going to get a second opinion on the caliper issue.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links