Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'll be doing a coolant change soon and will either use Halfords posh pink ready made up stuff (good for 6 years), or Toyota Genuine stuff. The problem is this is so expensive in the UK, compared to the USA.

Anyone know of a more reasonably priced outlet for it? I have used Halfords before very successfully.

Hi

I used Eurocarparts for neat pink long life. It's OATS and all so is perfect. They have some very good offers on and that might make for a good deal.

For the water I was lucky with 5ltr distilled at only £1 yes one pound only on a Halfords offer.

Worth shopping around.

Hi

there is some info in the handbook I believe the spec refers to G5. or similar. Oats means it's ideal for alloy and essentially doesn't contain nasty stuff. I would opt for long life as this is a Lexus requirement: complies with their service intervals.

one can run around in circles on this...as with oil...

you can always buy from Lexus if you'd rather. Sometimes prices are surprisingly ok.

What I want to do, is have a good power (hose) flush out of the radiator (reverse flush etc) and other stuff. Drain, fill up, and go for a 3 miles run, and then drain, and put in the ready made up stuff.

I suspect neither brand is super critical, but would like to find a cheap Toyota supplier.