Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF Colour Choice

Hi all, I'm new on here and this has probably been asked many times. I'm looking at purchasing a 2008 ISF, although I love the pearl white I've also found a clean Melbourne red and was hoping to get some opinions relating to this colour and is it a colour that could command less resale value in the future. This particular car doest have the security glass at the back and all other ISF'S that I've viewed have, was this an option? Thanks in advance, Chris. 

Hi Chris. Melbourne red is not a Lexus colour. The correct name for the red you are talking about is messa red and it's very rare! Looks great too. Re the security glass, I assume you mean window tint. It's an after market thing people have had done.

Hi Chris. You'll get a massive range of views with regard to colour. I owned a Mesa Red ISF and it was stunning. The colour is amazing in the flesh and so much better than it looks in photos. In my opinion it's the best colour to have and has the scarcity factor too. That said, the ISF looks great in any of the colours. Personally though, I think it's least impressive in silver. Somehow that colour makes it look boring. As I said, just one persons opinion. 

Hi Chris, I've seen the isf on autotrader classed as Melbourne Red, I have to say that it doesn't look at all like the Messa Red, it's more of a cherry red. Take a look, would be interested to hear other opinions on the colour. Maybe it was specially commissioned or perhaps a US colour. I've never seen it before. Colour is a very personal thing, all the colours seem to have appeal. White,  grey,  silver you could argue are more likely to appeal to the masses but go for the colour you like! 

Mark

This is strange one... The red one (or rather what I consider ~burgundy) is called Messa Red (UK) or Matador Red Mica(US) and it is the same colour with code 3R1.

The Melbourne Red seems to be BMW paint code A75. Either somebody put advertised wrong code, or car was repainted with BMW Melbourne Red, which is similar colour.

Having checked the sales booklet for the preface lift ISF it only lists 5 colour options

1. Arctic Pearl
2. Palladio Silver
3. Velvet Black
4. Cadoxton Slate
5. Mesa Red

Whilst it does look a tad different to the other Mesa Red cars advertised this could just be down to lighting or the car might need a good clay and polish. For me the best colour is Velvet Black but I'm somewhat biased. 

Thank you so much for the feedback guys as it's made me feel a bit better about buying the Mesa Red. One of my friends works for a reputable body shop and has told me the Arctic pearl has to be one of the worst colours to try and match up! He said there are so many stages and blending processes required to get close to a match. I have looked at one Arctic pearl and it's been painted to death which explains a few things as you have to chase it onto other panels so you end up with car that's had so much unnecessary paint. I still love the white because it's not a block white and having that pearl affect makes it look so much more modern and agree with what you guys have said that it might have greater appeal for resale! 

I think I'd rather have a car that's more genuine with the odd stone chip than one that's been painted all over! I feel more comfortable with the Mesa Red now so thank you. 

I've also viewed the so called 'Melbourne Red' which is in a BMW dealership in Derby and it's a really clean genuine example, it looks nothing like the photos as it's certainly not burgundy and I can confirm it is Mesa red. 

There is one 2009 ISF with 32,500 miles in Arctic pearl at a Lexus dealership in Exeter which is a mammoth journey for me, this car also sounds genuine with full dealer history, upgraded dab radio, privacy glass and it's also been fitted with new Continental tyres. It has a few small stone chips and the seat bolsters have apparently lost a little bit of colour with some dye which the dealer believes to have come from someone's denim jacket! I can own the car for £21,199 and it will come with a full Lexus 12 month warranty which I know I'll probably not use as they are bomb proof but I guess it's still good to have just in case the inevitable happens. 

I still prefer the Arctic white but will still consider the Mesa red especially after some of the comments I've had from you guys. 

I guess the white one from Lexus is the best buy because it's newer and lower mileage and will perhaps be more desirable long term. 

On the way back from viewing some of these cars yesterday I saw a bill board with the LC advertised and it was red metallic just like the ISF. Further down the road I saw another bill board with a new Jaguar and that to looked a very similar to the Mesa red so I guess it's going to be a strong contender. There are so many white cars out there so I'm still a little confused right now but I'm desperate to make a decision as I want to own one of these beasts for next weekend as I'm now becoming impatient. I guess it is down to personal preference so watch this space. 

you pays ya money... Resale value is a tough one. In theory they hold their value but in practice so few people buy one it's hard to know for sure. Don't buy it for the resale value, buy it for the noise and the fact you'll rarely see another.

I'm having mine px valued tomorrow with my SC for an evora 400, and I reckon the dealer will offer 14k. Don't worry, I'm not selling as the only 400 id want is a roadster which they don't even make yet! Just passing the lotus dealer so have asked for some figures. (2008, 70k miles, 5 owners, flsh, okay condition). In fact just had 8 yeah MINOR service at Sidcup which cost 600! Inc mot and air con gas. ouch.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links