Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 Mk4 - No Keys. Solutions?

I've got the opportunity to buy a Mk4 cheaply, but it has no keys. 

I have found these threads:

These are the closest UK relevant threads I could find, but in both cases there was a key to begin with, however I wouldn't have anything.

Given this, does anyone know a solution around this without paying Lexus the c. £1000 I read would be required for a new key and ECU? Otherwise it will no doubt become a breaker. 

Mark

Hi Mark

The issue being, is the car is worth a thousand pounds and are you going to find a lot more issues when you start it up .

If I were needing to break a mark 4 for cloning spares I would snap it up .

The chances of it being a runner without cost are remote ,sorry for the unintended pun.

• Like 1

Yes the keys are just the start of your problems. (Pun intended). A grand is probably way too much.

im sure with appropriate numbers and V5 Lexus will provide a key. It's not an unheard of problem surely? Bound to be a few bob.

Still think a grand is a p take. You are buying it without a test drive. £400 cash to take it off hands and spare the hassle...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links