Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing costs

I've been quoted £1225 for two full services, one Intermediate and two MOT's..payable over 33 months interest free.

This is bang in line with the Lexus fixed servicing costs but charging £45 for both MOT's.

Has anyone negotiated a discount. I didn't buy the car new -its just had its first service early as part of the sale. I do very low miles and have several dealers to play with as such.

Any tips ? 

Seems a bit steep to me I signed up to a  service plan with Lexus Birmingham when I purchased mine for £1086 that was for 3 services and 2 MOT's but they gave me a further discount for my custom of £194 so my plan has cost me £892. I went with it because of the £10 Vehicle Tax per year so the £25 I was Paying for my old Lexus is paying for my servicing and mot's for the next 3 years but I'd see if the other Dealers in your area give you a better deal.

8 hours ago, PhilWebster said:

Seems a bit steep to me I signed up to a  service plan with Lexus Birmingham when I purchased mine for £1086 that was for 3 services and 2 MOT's but they gave me a further discount for my custom of £194 so my plan has cost me £892. I went with it because of the £10 Vehicle Tax per year so the £25 I was Paying for my old Lexus is paying for my servicing and mot's for the next 3 years but I'd see if the other Dealers in your area give you a better deal.

Doesnt work like that anymore.

I got 2 majors and a minor, a full valet each year and half price MOT for £1000 first time around when I bought the car.

The prices are now fixed so the only way to get a discount is the gold membership if your dealer accepts it.

Maximum MOT price people can charge is £54.99 I think but they have haggle room on that. Id be wanting them free. 

I had to renew my RX one and it came out to £1200 or something. 2 minors and 60k which is the expensive one. I also get a free full valet every year, 10% of parts and free puncture repairs along with either free pick up or a courtesy car. Family is also covered by the puncture repair as well

They pointed out the IS200t service schedule hadn't been published yet but said it was similar to the IS300h...

Having looked at the service schedule / book for my car they are right - no mention of the IS200t....come on Lexus sort it out.

However the major (Full) service includes changing Oil, brake fluid (as expected),Air filter (as required)  coolant and front and rear differential oils, Transmission Oil !!  as well as batteries on the fobs, pollen filter etc. Although expensive the full service does appear to be far more comprehensive than anything the BMW had. 

4 hours ago, doog442 said:

Just had another quote £1135 not including MOT..... 

They pointed out the IS200t service schedule hadn't been published yet but said it was similar to the IS300h...

Having looked at the service schedule / book for my car they are right - no mention of the IS200t....come on Lexus sort it out.

However the major (Full) service includes changing Oil, brake fluid (as expected),Air filter (as required)  coolant and front and rear differential oils, Transmission Oil !!  as well as batteries on the fobs, pollen filter etc. Although expensive the full service does appear to be far more comprehensive than anything the BMW had. 

All Lexus are usually 10k/1 year  for private owners

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tazzman600 said:

When I bought my 64 plate IS300H from Lexus Leeds they gave me a good discount on a service plan as a thankyou. I'm paying 23.32 over 36 months. Now that to me is dirt cheap. I remember paying near £28 /month from Evans Halsham ford a few years ago and they charged for a curtacy car.

Come renewal time Lexus Leeds will say "fixed price sir". They've changed ownership and are no longer Benfield. 

The new guys from vantage are a bunch of stuck up lot! The dealer I was in touch with at Leeds, a nice guy called Paul has left too

6 hours ago, Tazzman600 said:

Really Rayaans?  I'm new to Leeds (2 months ) and didn't know Benfield did Lexus as well as Ford. Nearly bought a Focus ST from lookers Guiseley  (formerly Benfield ). However I have to say I found the people at Vantage very nice. Considering I'm a truck driver and went there after work. I was treated rather well. Mind you Infiniti treated me particularly well (their boots are too small in their cars for what they are but damn quick).

Yep just fobbed me off when enquiring for an RX. Didnt even know whether it had HUD fitted or not as standard! I usually ask them multiple questions I already know the answer to just to know whether they actually know anything about the car or not. Its funny because the guy said HUD is fitted as standard (when its not), that the new RX is "about the same size as the old one" when it was parked next to an older one and stuck out 12 inches more! Crazy, they even thought their RX was Sonic white when it was F-Sport white LOL

On 18/09/2016 at 4:39 PM, Tazzman600 said:

When I bought my 64 plate IS300H from Lexus Leeds they gave me a good discount on a service plan as a thankyou. I'm paying 23.32 over 36 months. Now that to me is dirt cheap. I remember paying near £28 /month from Evans Halsham ford a few years ago and they charged for a curtacy car.

Does anyone know if the price for the plan is fixed for the three years or can Lexus hit me with a low baller should prices go even higher. 

13 hours ago, doog442 said:

This is the problem. I could have negotiated a service plan on buying the car but the dealer where I got it from was 2 hours and a nightmare trip away so that was a no go. I'm stuck with one down the road (which obviously is massively convenient) or one 50 miles down the road. Both coming in at the same.

Does anyone know if the price for the plan is fixed for the three years or can Lexus hit me with a low baller should prices go even higher. 

Its fixed for 3 years apart from if VAT goes up, then it'll go up by how much VAT goes up. However, that's extremely unlikely. The price wont change for any other reason so rest assured what you agree to is what you'll pay in the end.

36 minutes ago, Tazzman600 said:

LOL Rayaans I can actually believe you about lexus Leeds. I'm getting rid of my Lexus because of its horrendous ride quality and am sick of banging my head on that grab handle above the door.

I contacted them about buying it back only to be told they're totally full up of cars and got no room. I asked about how to cancel my service plan. That was last Wednesday and I'm still waiting. 

They've changed since they were Benfield - the old staff have gone and been replaced by new ones.

Lexus Bradford will buy it off you, they don't have much stock at the moment and need every IS300h they can get

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links