Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do you have a JDM or a French one?

Just-Jack

Hi guys, pretty new to Lexus ownership, liking it so far, being careful with my new car, got loads of servicing bits to do on it because I like to do it and know it's defiantly been done!

Looking into tuning boxes for the IS220d, and I stumbled across a interesting fact, the diesel D4-D engines aren't all the same! Apparently 90% of Toyota cars are made in France, now I'm not saying this is a terrible thing, but why buy a Japanese car that isn't Japanese? Basically the plug at the end of the common rail (not the two pin one closest to the back of the engine, the other side of the common rail) will either be a three pin or a six pin connector, the six pin ones use a dual pressure sensor, these are the Japanese models, don't know why, they just are! Haha, the three pin plus are the French made cars? Is this info complete bull or am I stumbling onto something? I have a 6 pin connector so most tuning boxes (sub £200) won't connect to mine as it's a rear and more dear connection (luckily I am actually friends with a tuning box manufactuer and he makes some of the best boxes I have ever seen, garenteed not to be a ally box with a wire in it!) Interesting to know what you guys have at the end of your common rails!

First of all, welcome to the Lexus fold :smile:

Never heard of different sensors on the rail.  In fact, according to the manual, there is only one:

fuel sensor.jpg

Although, if I remember next time I am out, I will check mine to see if it the same.

Hello, thank you for your reply!

Well my theory is one of two things as I have had a conversation with two different companies now, the plugs are the same, but the used wires arnt? It seems that our Toyota engines use dual pressure sensors to monitor change for lower/higher boost, if I am correct we also have twin over head cam and that affects the fuel sensor, it just generally makes tuning with "boxes" a bit more expensive haha