Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Pads

Stompe

Hi Guys, just been told by main dealer that I need brake pads and possibly disks at £295.  I have owned two Prius before and never had any brake pads in the 30,000 miles of the vehicle.  Just wondering if you guys have needed brake pads and if so what mileage.  I have done 28,000 miles currently.  I know we all drive differently but this sounds unreasonable to me.

Thanks

Stompe

59000 miles and still have the original pads and discs. I guess it is how one drives the car and of course, where and when one drives the car. IE salty, gritty, muddy roads will wear out brake components at an accelerated rate compared to dry and dustless roads. How one uses the deceleration aspects of the vehicle also depends upon how busy the roads are and the types and number of hazards. Whilst one person may be able to coast under light braking to a halt, another will have to be sharp on the braking system due to sudden manoeuvres by other road users such as other cars, cyclists, school traffic, HGVs etc. There is also the chance that Toyota have changed the disc and pad material specification and design to provide better brake performance at the cost of accelerated wear.