Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One sleep to go

Hi all,

Off to Lexus Hedge End tomorrow to pick up the new NX. After 7 happy years with my IS250, I've taken the plunge and not gone for the obvious replacement, I really hope it's the right choice. I've had quite a few hire cars through work and been given mainly X-Trails or Qashqais and enjoyed the higher driving position so I thought I'd take a chance on the NX. 

My NX was a little late in arriving so I've had a loan of an IS300h F-Sport for a week which has got me worried as it's been great. Just hope the NX isn't a mistake!

Anyway, the reason for my post is regarding alloys. My IS250 and IS200 before, suffered badly from the alloy corrosion issue. Lexus were great and replaced quite a few while under warranty but I was wondering if this problem had finally been sorted and if corrosion had started to appear on any of the NX alloys. I know that it's still early days for the NX but I had alloys replaced within 1 year on the IS200 so I just wondered if anyone had experienced any problems so far.

One sleep to go!

No reports of alloy problems that I know of, so I wouldn't worry about that. I had the IS300h F Sport before getting my NX and don't regret the change at all.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, GALex said:

Hi all,

Off to Lexus Hedge End tomorrow to pick up the new NX. After 7 happy years with my IS250, I've taken the plunge and not gone for the obvious replacement, I really hope it's the right choice. I've had quite a few hire cars through work and been given mainly X-Trails or Qashqais and enjoyed the higher driving position so I thought I'd take a chance on the NX. 

My NX was a little late in arriving so I've had a loan of an IS300h F-Sport for a week which has got me worried as it's been great. Just hope the NX isn't a mistake!

Anyway, the reason for my post is regarding alloys. My IS250 and IS200 before, suffered badly from the alloy corrosion issue. Lexus were great and replaced quite a few while under warranty but I was wondering if this problem had finally been sorted and if corrosion had started to appear on any of the NX alloys. I know that it's still early days for the NX but I had alloys replaced within 1 year on the IS200 so I just wondered if anyone had experienced any problems so far.

One sleep to go!

No corrosion on the alloys unless you go used whereby the alloys might have been refurbished (sometimes not to a good enough standard)

Be aware that if you go for the F-Sport, its got diamond cut alloys AKA pain in the arse if something goes wrong.

Hi all,

many thanks for your replies, it's really appreciated. That's great that Lexus appear to have sorted the alloy corrosion problems but I'll keep them clean and looking good. Being somewhat particular about wheels, I've gone for a Mercury Grey, NX in Luxury trim with pan roof but I've had it fitted with the F-Sport alloys.

Just back from a grand tour of the southern counties. Somerset to Southampton to Bristol to Somerset. That's 200 miles on the NX's first day and I'm really happy with it. Just thinking about where to take it tomorrow!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!

Would be interested in your views of the Hedge End dealership. I always go on about how brilliant they are and it would be good to hear if others think the same!

Hi Dan,

like you, I've been very happy with the service from Hedge End. 

My trade in was due an MOT so I was hoping that the NX would be available before the MOT ran out. They didn't guarantee that it would be available but when the NX was delayed there was no problem in taking the trade in early and loaning me the IS300h in the meantime. I also agreed a deal with the F-Sport wheels which shouldn't be an option on the Luxury trim. It's these points and a competitive price which persuaded me to buy new rather than a year old example. 

This is now the second car I've bought from Hedge End so despite not being my nearest dealer, it made the extra miles worthwhile. 

• Like 1

I'm still on the tank of fuel which came with the car but after 334 miles the computer is saying 35 mpg. I need to fill it soon so will calculate the next tankful manually to see how accurate the computer is. Even at 35 mpg, it's much better than the IS250 so I'm happy with that.   

What puts me off the NX a little when compared to others in that segment. My wife gets 55 pretty much all the time in her 9 year old 1.5 diesel Qashqai but it's no Lexus!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've driven a few Qashqai and they're good but as you say, it's just not a Lexus. I don't drive enough miles to worry too much about poor mpg and the Lexus is simply a nicer place to be. 

• Like 1

A lot of focus is placed on fuel consumption, but you really need to put it in context and work out the difference in cost over a whole year, bearing in mind the difference in price between unleaded and diesel and cost (and frequency) of servicing. Unless you do a lot of miles, you might find that the difference is not really worth worrying about and is compensated by the refinement provided by the Lexus.

• Like 1