Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Short vid of the 2017 IS Facelift

I don't believe the US has the hybrid at all, in the same way we don't get the juicier engine. The UK spec is bound to be different as Lexus are legendary in having different spec's for different territories with, to me anyway, no logic. I wonder if the infotainment system will be any better? I wouldn't bet on it personally. 

There is mention or a 10.3" option but as you say until the UK or European and normally Japanese share the same we won't know for sure. What do you think of the new look?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, Tazzman600 said:

Excellent post Rayaans. Personally I don't think we'll be getting any of the none hybrid cars here. I'd love either the 2.0 litre turbo or the bigger engine. I think our option would be a more potent hybrid along the lines that Infiniti do and the beemer activehybrid 3. I think the current engine but turbo'd would be very very nice and compliment the gorgeous looks of the 2017 IS.

Come on Lexus. Pull ya finger out.

We have the 2 litre turbo (I've just bought one)  although I was told they were stopping production here ! I think they are missing a trick in not giving us the 3.5.

The 2 litre turbo isnt selling well at all...only 70 registered this year at the last check and I wonder if its because its 4 cylinder.... a gruntier V6 like the US have would pull in more I'm sure.

Toyota and Lexus need to stop messing round wasting time with hybrids and develop some proper EVs ASAP. Even their own engineers now concede pure EVs are cheaper to build than hybrids. BMW, Audi, Jag are now 100% committed to EVs and all will have Battery EVs onsale with-in a few years. I love our IS300H for it's build quality, cabin design, but every time I press the throttle pedal I wish Lexus would put a pure EV drivetrain in the thing rather than wait and heat the agricultural combustion engine kick in.  

Time is starting to run out for Toyota to get their act together interms of getting a Battery EV on the market, by 2020 (maybe even sooner) Lexus may will become the only 'premium' brand that doesn't have a Battery EV onsale, and the brand may become as relevant as Nokia was when apple launched the first iPhone.

http://insideevs.com/toyotas-ogiso-evs-250km-155-mile-range-battery-electric-vehicles-already-can-built-less-money-hybrids/

1 hour ago, ganzoom said:

Toyota and Lexus need to stop messing round wasting time with hybrids and develop some proper EVs ASAP.

Be careful what you wish for. If EVs really took off we'd be up the proverbial creek without a paddle faster than you could blink. We just have not got the generating capacity to provide for what we have now, let alone thousands of EVs being charged. The lights WILL start go go out in the not-too-distant future - well before the new nuke at Hinckley comes on stream.

^^ Sorry I just don't buy that scare mongering.

Here is the live update on the grid....Most EV charging is at night when demand is less than 20GW.

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

As for future generation....I have no idea why the government is wasting money on such outdated tech as heating water to make steam and driving a generator, when we can now capture solar energy direct, and store it via Battery for evening use.

The first UK domestic solar PV+battery systems have just been installed. 97% reduction in electricity use, the results speak for themselves.

https://youtu.be/jB6jyy0Joq8

6 hours ago, RichyRich said:

There is mention or a 10.3" option but as you say until the UK or European and normally Japanese share the same we won't know for sure. What do you think of the new look?

It appears to be the same system as the new RX which is much smoother and generally better than the older system we have. It's definitely better than now.

I think that steering wheel looks great with the squarer buttons and im liking the recessed center console along with the brushed aluminium piece instead of plastic. Looks more upmarket IMO.

That screen does look good as well. I think the car will look best in black though!

• Like 1

The IS looks great anyway so glad they didn't mess with a good thing too much. Black in F-Sport will probably look best. I'm changing my car in January and was considering a Gs300h for added comfort. Not sure which to get now?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 200h said:

Oh Dear what will you do rayaans your a white car only household

Not quite true haha! Bought my son a Light grey VW Polo as a first car - Silverbird Metallic they call it, a very rare colour apparently, did some research and turns out VW didn't offer the colour in the UK but had shipped some from Germany to the UK already which meant that it would be inconvenient to send them back!

20160713_193522.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

SL370720.jpg

And my previous RX was black and a greeny blue Merc (genuinely loved the colour, i think it was called perlite grey, the car not so much!)

3 hours ago, RichyRich said:

When would the face lift model be out though?

Should have January delivery for sure. They're doing some stonking 0% and £5k off deals on the IS300h F-Sport at the moment - that only means one thing - they want to get rid of as much stock as they can!

21 hours ago, doog442 said:

We have the 2 litre turbo (I've just bought one)  although I was told they were stopping production here ! I think they are missing a trick in not giving us the 3.5.

The 2 litre turbo isnt selling well at all...only 70 registered this year at the last check and I wonder if its because its 4 cylinder.... a gruntier V6 like the US have would pull in more I'm sure.

I'm not so sure a V6 would have pulled more sales. The IS is in a segment full of diesels. This is the segment that company car buyers like to dwell in most and the 200t can't really compete with the diesels whereas the IS 300h can.  

Youd find it hard looking for a BMW or an Audi with a petrol engine newer than 2014 too

1 hour ago, Tazzman600 said:

Thanks doog. Learning that has put a downer on me. I'd have most definitely got one of those if I knew about them. Oh well I'll have to wait a while. What's it like anyway pal?

I love it and I've just come from a 3 litre twin turbo 135i that was probably wasted on me in the performance stakes. That aside its no slouch and is every bit as smooth as both the straight six I had in my old IS200 and the BMW. 

I didn't need the hybrid as my mileage is minimal and this really ticks all the boxes i need. 

I was told they were discontinuing production when in talks with a dealer, however he was pushing me towards a more expensive motor so it might need firming up. I have the sport, it may be the sport is being discontinued. The engine is borrowed from the NX200t and flipped 90 degrees and is still advertised on the main site so perhaps he was talking BS.

Watch this space I guess. 

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

I'm not so sure a V6 would have pulled more sales. The IS is in a segment full of diesels. This is the segment that company car buyers like to dwell in most and the 200t can't really compete with the diesels whereas the IS 300h can.  

Youd find it hard looking for a BMW or an Audi with a petrol engine newer than 2014 too

I meant more sales than the 70 this year...there are petrol heads who would naturally gravitate towards a such a motor. A 4 cylinder turbo is simply too mainstream when BMW are still pumping out the N55 engine to great effect. 

5 hours ago, doog442 said:

I meant more sales than the 70 this year...there are petrol heads who would naturally gravitate towards a such a motor. A 4 cylinder turbo is simply too mainstream when BMW are still pumping out the N55 engine to great effect. 

Rumour has it that there is a 3.0l V6 turbo in the pipeline but no idea if that'll make it to the UK - around 350hp from what Ive been told. Problem is, BMW sells more 3 series anyway - they sell absolutely loads in comparison to the IS so its inevitable that some, albeit very few will be 340i

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 7:34 PM, doog442 said:
On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 6:47 PM, Tazzman600 said:

We have the 2 litre turbo (I've just bought one)  although I was told they were stopping production here ! 

I believe they are stopping production of the Sport trim (not F-Sport) as opposed as the 2 litre turbo.