Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well worth converting to LPG.

I've put a couple of pictures of our RX300 LPG conversion in this thread but (as I also say somewhere in there) rather than getting bogged down in MPG figures, let me give you a real-world example. We've not had chance to do a European road trip in the Lexus yet but when we had our old 3.0 V6 Nissan, we would usually drive from our home in Preston, Lancashire, to eastern Europe for our holidays and have done for many years. Last year we drove through France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia, covering about 4,000 miles for the round trip. Doing it on petrol would have cost us over £900 for the fuel, whereas doing it on gas actually cost us £437.

Ok, it's just cost us £1,300 to have the RX300 converted but we'll soon recoup that cost and start really saving substantial money on fuel costs.

Love the idea of the Flintstones thing but I'm to lazy. That's why I drive a Lexus. Lol.

The LPG thing is a good idea but the cost of fitting it is more than ii paid for the car and I'm thinking it may take me years to make the money back.

Having said that I don't really know a lot about LPG.

Does it have to have a health check every year?

Do you run on gas all the time or does iit run in conjunction with petrol?

How much is the gas per litre and how many mpgs does it do?

So many questions.

Bod.

There is plenty in the archives on LPG and Lexus.

Does it have to have a health check every year? Not necessarily but it normally ties up with their warranty.

Do you run on gas all the time or does it run in conjunction with petrol? Car starts on petrol and then switches to gas automatically when a certain temp has been reached.

How much is the gas per litre and how many mpgs does it do? I am paying g 47p per litre.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links