Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 caliper replacement

Lexi-PLURAL

Hi all

I have seized rear calipers, apparently both (Lexus Sidcup mentioned this a week ago after doing the fuel line recall. However, not a sniff of it on the last MOT done in February this year). 

I've bought replacements along with Eibach discs and brembo pads and a small tub of brake fluid to bleed the lines. Is it as easy as conventional calipers...remove bolts, remove brake line, remove caliper > reverse to bolt new one in.

Or is there ABS wizadry on the rears that I need to think about?

Thanks!

I had the same, 1 caliper seized, but still passed the MOT.  I think it is because so little braking force is generated that it is hard to tell.  Luckily for me, my warranty covered the replacement.

Anyway, yep, it is as easy as any normal caliper.  In fact, the manual guide is pretty straightforward:

rear brakes.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks for that. When it says cylinder, it just means caliper I assume! I've done this a million times on my motorcycles but feel a bit wary on this car for some weird reason. Just need to get my axle stands and jack from the brother in laws and I'll give it a go. What's the worst that could happen?! :D

Yeah, it seems to mean the carrier that the piston sits in.

I think you will be fine :smile:  I removed both my fronts to replace discs and pads and it was straightforward.

Just don't forget to use silicon grease on the slide pins (called cylinder support pins in the above guide), and copper grease the back of the pads.

I took my car in to Lexus Bristol last year for recall work to be done, whilst there they always check it over ( for possible extra work ) they told me I had a rear caliper seized, they replaced it FOC.

The only reason I could see they did this was the vehicle had only done 18k although it's a 2008

Hi  ,excellent post from shahpor , I am interested in where the diagrammatic instructions came from ,is this an official manual ,or CD ,as I am looking to purchase one myself

Thanks Dave

Edited by true blue
spelling !

I would be careful about reproducing such information on a public forum (unless of course you have prior written permission?)

. COPYRIGHT Notice? 

All content of these manuals is protected by copyright. You may only use the information, text, pictures or graphics contained in this manual for your personal use or within the scope of your normal business. You may not reproduce, modify, transmit, license or publish these manuals, in whole or in part, for any purpose without the prior written consent of Lexus Motor Corporation. 

© 2003, Lexus Motor Corporation 
All rights reserved. 

8 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I would be careful about reproducing such information on a public forum (unless of course you have prior written permission?)

. COPYRIGHT Notice? 

All content of these manuals is protected by copyright. You may only use the information, text, pictures or graphics contained in this manual for your personal use or within the scope of your normal business. You may not reproduce, modify, transmit, license or publish these manuals, in whole or in part, for any purpose without the prior written consent of Lexus Motor Corporation. 

© 2003, Lexus Motor Corporation 
All rights reserved. 

Normally, as long as there are no financial gain, there are equally no damage for the copyright holder, hence it is not possible to enforce copyright. However, I agree with part being "careful", which I think it is the case with above post.

• Like 1