Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Misfire when warm

Nick_W

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've owned my IS200 for 5 years and been really pleased with its reliability.

Just recently, the engine light started flashing occasionally. I borrowed a fault code reader and this was shown as:

- random misfire

- misfire cylinder 1.

Spark plugs were replaced not long ago - so I replaced the coil pack on cylinder 1 too.

The problem came back... It seems to happen more in warm weather - and more when driving at lower speeds or stopping part way through a journey. Could this be because of a heat soak effect?

I borrowed the fault code reader again:

- random misfire

- misfire cylinder 4

- misfire cylinder 1 (pending)

- too lean bank 1 (pending)

Coincidence that another coil pack has gone? Or some other problem like a catalyst or a sensor?

TIA

Nick.

Hi Nick i think i have the same problem and was told that my cat. are blocked/go e so im about to change them with some second hand ones as they seme to be very expensive ill let you know if that helps or not ☝🏻️

12 minutes ago, AntoLexus said:

Hi Nick i think i have the same problem and was told that my cat. are blocked/go e so im about to change them with some second hand ones as they seme to be very expensive ill let you know if that helps or not ☝🏻️

Thanks!

I wondered if it was that as I'd done some searching before posting and that problem popped up on other cars.

Is it the cats on the manifold or the one in the exhaust that needs replacing in your case?

well the one in the exhaust for sure needs replacment in my car but we not sure now about the manifold iv got some second hand ones for 50e each so iv bought the two of them but my mechanic said that he is going to replace just the one in the back first and see if it works maybe the front ones on my care will still work if not then ill have to replace the manifolt aswel,

• 2 weeks later...

Ok finaly solved the PROBLEM😬 

and it was an injector in this case 

i hade multiple misfiring after engine heated up in my case it was the 1,3, and 5  

cilinder which i hade the missfire on but when in neutral it was only missfiring on one cilinder after i conected the diagnose while engine running iv seen on live view . which one was misfiring and it was the 5 one in my case but the day before iv swopt them around and it maket more sens to me avter iv seen the firing order of the engine is 1-5-3-6-2-4 😊 (my miss fire was 1-3-5 so some how it takes the ones beside whit it 😉 hope this helps some how 

• 3 years later...

my lexus rx 300 1999  has a problem code p 0171 an aftar that code appear on my obd go to 30-40 km and starts misfire on 1 and 3 cilynder. maf sensor has no problem; i put new o2 sensors, also new pcv, new coins and etc... when i zerod my car by Battery my car starts and not have any misfires, but after 30-40 km misfire on 1 and 3 cilynders starts again. please if someone had that problem help me :)