Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

can't find rear shocks for my rx400h

Hi, my first post here ever so be gentle lol, I have a 2006 RX400H thats in need of new rear shocks, however every item on eBay is apparently not compatible and every other avenue I have tried leads nowhere. If anyone can help I'd much appreciate it. Thanks

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Had a look on Toyodiy for you and the following part numbers come up 48530-49595 RH and 48540-49325 LH they are priced at €140.00 but this seems quite cheap for OEM Lexus but may be worth giving your local dealer a ring.

thanks steve is that the web name? will have a look. Last ebayer advertised them at 64 gbp each but when put in vin they didn't fit, then quoted 180gbp each from japan? surely its a common enough car in uk. sorry my pound sign not working

On 9/23/2016 at 8:38 PM, evs said:

Hi, my first post here ever so be gentle lol, I have a 2006 RX400H thats in need of new rear shocks, however every item on eBay is apparently not compatible and every other avenue I have tried leads nowhere. If anyone can help I'd much appreciate it. Thanks

Lexus dealers offer a fixed-price deal for older cars such as the RX400h. They charge £395 for rear shocks.

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/#ServicingYourLexus

Other than that, Rock Auto has Monroe struts at £74.55, and KYB struts for a bit less. They ship from the US, so you will have to add shipping and import costs.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/lexus,2006,rx400h,3.3l+v6+electric/gas,1431837,suspension,strut,7584?a=Referer+www.google.co.uk+URL+%2F%3Ffrom_co_uk

On 9/26/2016 at 4:33 PM, tom123 said:

Lexus dealers offer a fixed-price deal for older cars such as the RX400h. They charge £395 for rear shocks.

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/#ServicingYourLexus

Other than that, Rock Auto has Monroe struts at £74.55, and KYB struts for a bit less. They ship from the US, so you will have to add shipping and import costs.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/lexus,2006,rx400h,3.3l+v6+electric/gas,1431837,suspension,strut,7584?a=Referer+www.google.co.uk+URL+%2F%3Ffrom_co_uk

Thanks tom123, I looked on Rock Auto, they do Monroe shock complete with spring and boot so easy change and even with shipping they come out cheaper than dealer, wondering if customs would have to add their bit too.

1 hour ago, evs said:

wondering if customs would have to add their bit too.

Yep, definitely. I think it's anything over £20 attracts import duty and VAT but I'll ask my wife for confirmation and post back later (she works in HMRC).

My understanding of import duty is (cost of shocks+shipping/insurance) x 4.5%

vat payable would be (cost of shocks +shipping/insurance + import duty) x 20%

Any idea of shipping/insurance cost for these shocks?

13 hours ago, Chasdad said:

Does the rx400h not have air suspension. Only asking as my brother wants one but after all the stories of ls 430 problems i was going to warn him off if they do

From what I can see it was an option.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steve2006 said:

From what I can see it was an option.

There was no space for the air suspension parts in the RX 400h due to the hybrid Battery (I think), so only the RX330/350 petrol models of the second generation RX were available with air suspension.

On 9/30/2016 at 5:11 PM, evs said:

Thanks tom123, I looked on Rock Auto, they do Monroe shock complete with spring and boot so easy change and even with shipping they come out cheaper than dealer, wondering if customs would have to add their bit too.

They look like great value.

Just a note, I think that the US and Canadian market RX's had softer suspension set-ups, so the struts from Rock Auto may have altered damping characteristics compared with the European market ones.

I asked about shock absorbers at the trade motor parts dealer I use this am while buying timing belt kit for my Rx400h.

Left and right are available for trade, £96 each inc. vat. I believe they are KYB make.

This might be of interest to any one in need.

• Like 1

As yet I haven't ordered from rock auto, I ordered pair from eBay, trouble being they only had one but at 65 quid I agreed, now having second thoughts as meant to change in pairs. 

I will look into trade parts as son inlaw can usually get trade parts through his job so thanks Vicmeldrew.

I believe the SEL model came with air suspension.

6 hours ago, evs said:

As yet I haven't ordered from rock auto, I ordered pair from eBay, trouble being they only had one but at 65 quid I agreed, now having second thoughts as meant to change in pairs. 

I will look into trade parts as son inlaw can usually get trade parts through his job so thanks Vicmeldrew.

I believe the SEL model came with air suspension.

As stated above, no RX400h's were available with air suspension, whatever trim level they were.

On 07/10/2016 at 11:52 PM, tom123 said:

As stated above, no RX400h's were available with air suspension, whatever trim level they were.

ok sorry, just something I read.