Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Head restraints

OldTrout

I recently had a test drive in a GS300h whilst my 2007 GS was being serviced. I am very long in the back and if my legs were in proportion I would be about 6’4”.

I had a problem with the head restraint. It has two notches on its stem and neither was anywhere near high enough to put it at the recommended position. Worse, it poked forward a long way. The restraint in my GS tilts a bit but this new GS one appears not to do this. It forced my head forward and was very uncomfortable. After a few miles I took the head rest off completely and then felt comfortable though very vulnerable.

When I got back the showroom the sales person had gone for the day so I was unable to ask him about my head restraint problem. I checked all the cars in the showroom - IS, NX, RX, GS, RC.  Non of them tilted and all except the NX were poking forwards too much for me. The NX was still too low however. They all had just two notches.

Very strange. The cars are getting bigger for smaller drivers. Or is it just me?

Id have to say its probably just you.

Ive heard of these issues with Lexus vehicles before though and Id have to say its because of your height. Im 6ft and Im perfectly satisfied with the IS Fsport seats and the RX seats as well.

The poking forward is unusual but I suspect its because you had the backrest too straight?