Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Drivers Side brake caliper Pin snapped

R.J

Pulling onto the drive the other day i noticed a loud noise coming from the rear of the car, like a metal hitting metal tapping sound. I looked under the car expecting it to be the BC Coilover shot but instead found the brake caliper to be completely loose on the lower side, both fixing/mounting bolts are tight and sound as far as i can tell. however the (slide pin? circled in the image below) seems to have snapped. how can i remove and fix this? cheers for any help

the image isn't of my caliper, i was unable to get any photos so found an image online to help explain my issue.

Photo0035.jpg

Hi , if this pin has snapped you will need to purchase a new caliper and carrier ,as I don't think you will be able to remove the broken seized pin unless you are very lucky !

There is an excellent post from Shahpor further down this forum under caliper replacement ,which shows how it all goes together .I think the caliper will be available from a motor factor at a reasonable price but the carrier will be a Lexus part.I would add that as you are dismantling the hydraulics on the braking system ,if you are not fully confident that you know the correct procedures ,give the work to a trusted garage . Let us know how you get on ,as this caliper issue is common on this car, I have seen many seized but not one broken while on the vehicle

Dave