Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Winter wheels and space saver

-Rich-

So the CT should be here on Thursday and I want to get a space saver for it. I have read the threads on the forum about it but just want to check what size I should be getting.

The Lexus size seems to be 125/70/17 and I've seen this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Space-Saver-Spare-Wheel-for-Lexus-CT200h-2011-2016-fitted-with-BFGoodrich-Tyre-/222240944243

If I get one from a Prius they seem to be 125/70/16 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Prius-Space-Saver-Spare-Wheel-5-Stud-16-Inch-TJ16x4T-Spare-Wheel-2006-/321588814557 If I got this would they be similar in size, I would've thought I'd need an 80 profile on a 16" wheel?

Does the CT come with a scissor jack, I didn't look under the tray so I'm not sure what is there?

I have been using winter wheels for a few years now and as the car is for the missus I want to get some for the CT. We live on top of a steep hill and around town where she drives is hilly as well. From an insurance point of view I'd rather just get another set of Lexus 17" rims to put the tyres on otherwise I'll have to tell them. I've not seen many on eBay though and the ones I have are miles away. It seems the CT uses a different PCD to other Lexus models so other than looking at Prius wheels what else would fit the CT, is there a website that lists what wheels are compatible with other makes?

I used this site http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Lexus/CT200h%20(2011%20-%20).html to find out which space savers were compatible. Someone on here recommended it. I got a Prius one in the end as they are quite easy to source.

There's a few threads on here discussing them, this is one http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/108134-spare-wheel/#comment-957000

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks for the link, that's very helpful. We got the car yesterday so I'm keen to get a space saver asap now.

I'm sure I had read somewhere that the 2010+ Prius one won't fit though but the link suggests that it will. Or is it the tyre that's the issue, they seem to be 135/80/16 compared to 125/70/16 for the early Prius. The Lexus one is 125/70/17 so the fatter tyre must make it more difficult to fit in the well?

After removing the storage tray it looks like I'll have to remove the tray with the tools too unless I get the proper fitting kit from Lexus? I'm ok with doing that though, I can wrap the jack up in a towel and wedge it in somewhere.

There don't seem to be many alloys for sale on eBay but it looks like they range from £100-£150 for a set so that's not too bad.

You can't fit a full size steel wheel in the boot. The 2010> Prius wheel does fit the CT as the guys on the US forum have done this. I'd like to get one but I don't fancy losing the useful storage tray underneath. I'll live dangerously for now haha.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On 9/30/2016 at 9:40 AM, -Rich- said:

Thanks for the link, that's very helpful. We got the car yesterday so I'm keen to get a space saver asap now.

I'm sure I had read somewhere that the 2010+ Prius one won't fit though but the link suggests that it will. Or is it the tyre that's the issue, they seem to be 135/80/16 compared to 125/70/16 for the early Prius. The Lexus one is 125/70/17 so the fatter tyre must make it more difficult to fit in the well?

After removing the storage tray it looks like I'll have to remove the tray with the tools too unless I get the proper fitting kit from Lexus? I'm ok with doing that though, I can wrap the jack up in a towel and wedge it in somewhere.

There don't seem to be many alloys for sale on ebay but it looks like they range from £100-£150 for a set so that's not too bad.

Mine is a 135/80/16. I did have to remove the storage tray but that's no big deal to me, and I have the tools wedged in.

On 30/09/2016 at 1:12 PM, Steve ( West Mids ) said:

Don't they do a steel wheel as a space saver?

As said below there is not enough room for a full size wheel but I think that's the case with most new cars now :(

On 01/10/2016 at 2:01 AM, stormchaser said:

You can't fit a full size steel wheel in the boot. The 2010> Prius wheel does fit the CT as the guys on the US forum have done this. I'd like to get one but I don't fancy losing the useful storage tray underneath. I'll live dangerously for now haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That storage tray is actually larger than I was expecting and it would be a shame to lose it but I would prefer to have a spare. I've been driving for 19 years and have only needed a spare a handful of times but it's nice to know it's there. I needed to use the one in the Accord the other month when I got 2 new tyres fitted, drove home and picked a nail up in one! :wallbash:

On 01/10/2016 at 2:50 PM, thar said:

Mine is a 135/80/16. I did have to remove the storage tray but that's no big deal to me, and I have the tools wedged in.

Cool, good to know it fits, so does the storage try fit with the 125/70/16?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, -Rich- said:

Cool, good to know it fits, so does the storage try fit with the 125/70/16?

No, someone has posted on here how to modify it to make it fit though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links