Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 Air intake filter

malcolmdc

Interesting observation for those who may only change their LS400 air filter once a year, or have forgotten about it for longer! I have just changed mine after only about 10 months and the old one looked like someone had swept a chimney with it! The Old Girl audibly heaved a sigh of relief and now goes better. . . . .

...... mine is usually changed at every annual service and of late, looks dreadfully dusty and grubby.  In years past on both my Mk1 and Mk2 and now this Mk3, the air filters have seemed cleaner at the service interval, so I'm guessing it's the road and atmospheric conditions locally that are causing the crap build-up.

Air quality here in Kent, by virtue of the state of the Lexus air filters ( and covering 10/12k miles per annum ) is deteriorating and has worsened over these 15 years of Lexus ownership.....  I'm assuming the filters aren't performing better at filtering the air !

So if that's what it's doing to our cars just think what it's doing to our lungs  :w00t:

Malc