Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressure Reset Button - Where?!

I had the Tyre Pressure light come on this morning briefly, pretty sure it's simply due to it having been very cold as it went off after a few miles and it's been fine driving home.

I'm going to check the pressures when the tyres have cooled but I'm damned if I can find any kind of "set" button as referenced in the manual.

I've looked in driver and passenger wells and it just does not seem to be there.

As mentioned countless times, a reset is not necessary. From factory it's 36psi, it doesn't need changing.

Just fill up the tyres and the light will go away on its own. The manual clearly states this.

9 hours ago, rayaans said:

As mentioned countless times, a reset is not necessary. From factory it's 36psi, it doesn't need changing.

Just fill up the tyres and the light will go away on its own. The manual clearly states this.

Mmm, sounds like a teacher giving the pupils a telling off for not paying attention !!!!

• Like 3

• 6 years later...

Hi I have a lexus is300h 2014 the tyre pressure light came on a month ago I found the reset button above the pedals and today it came on again put 40psi in as says in handbook but light is still on tried pressing holding it but no luck still on

3 hours ago, johnny laff said:

Hi I have a lexus is300h 2014 the tyre pressure light came on a month ago I found the reset button above the pedals and today it came on again put 40psi in as says in handbook but light is still on tried pressing holding it but no luck still on

Most of the time it goes out instantly. If not it can take up to 2 miles of driving to get it to reset.

Otherwise it's a slow puncture or a faulty sensor at work 

• 1 year later...

The tyre sensor reset button is way down low, set in the underside of the dash below and to the left of the steering column.  You have to kneel on the floor and put your head in the footwell and look up to find it.  There are two buttons and the one on the left is the tyre sensor re-set one.  Can't remember what the other one is for.  It is so well hidden you would think it is not there, as I did.  It is nowhere near where the picture in the handbook shows it to be.  (My handbook shows a LHD vehicle anyway, which is even more confusing).  It is much further under the dash than the picture suggests.  Hope that helps.  Nick

• Like 1

By the way, if you do not have a fully inflated spare in the boot, the system will not reset, as it detects the spare as having zero air in it.  You must have all 5 tyres in place and correctly inflated to reset the sensor system. Nick

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, NickP said:

By the way, if you do not have a fully inflated spare in the boot, the system will not reset, as it detects the spare as having zero air in it.  You must have all 5 tyres in place and correctly inflated to reset the sensor system. Nick

Most, if not all, IS300h cars aren’t even supplied with a spare.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NickP said:

You have to kneel on the floor and put your head in the footwell and look up to find it. 

A different Lexus, but that was precisely my experience!  I only persisted because that was the area of location suggested by a rather strange illustration in the Manual.

The tyre fitter, who had changed the tyre which then caused the warning light to come on in the first place, insisted that driving for a few miles would reset the system.  Well, it didn’t for me - but finding this well-hidden button finally did.

Quite why it’s the location of choice in the first place, is a puzzle anyway!