Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CEL Light Intermittant RX 450h

Hi All, hopefully someone can help here. Re-fulled the other day shortly after the CEL came on. Pulled over and checked everything over, all seemed fine. Did a quick google and loose fuel cap came up as one of the causes. Checked that and it seems tight, usual woosh when opening which would indicate a good seal. The light has went out a few times but comes back again. Does the system look at this periodically? Or does something run intermittently which would throw up the fault? Have also seen something about a charcoal canister, where is this located?

Does anyone have fault code for fuel tank pressure/leak. Looking to get and OBD 2 reader.

Does anyone have part number for fuel cap Lexus or Toyota equivalent.

Many thanks

Have now plugged in OBD reader. Fault code P0057 HO2S Bank 2 Sen 2 Heater Circuit Low. It indicates a problem with the oxygen sensor. Anyway RX450h is part of a recall for oxygen sensor fault. So hopefully this cures the light, booked in to get recall sensor change.

Can you please provide additional info with reference to the recall you are referring to?

What model(s)? How did you find out about it? etc...

Any info gratefully received!

One small update, when I initially called earlier in the year (must've been around June), local Lexus dealer said I had to wait for recall letter. This time I called the number on the Lexus site recall page, this was given when car was identified as subject of recall once all details were entered. I still haven't got the recall letter. But going through this way it may be logged by Lexus UK as they took my details before transferring me direct. It wasn't even questioned, it was booked straight in. So maybe at little pressure on dealer from Lexus UK this way, however its worked for me.

Was it as long ago as that. I bought the car last September and checked then and it showed nothing on Lexus recall page you put your details on, don't know what made me check again, but did it again around June and it came up. As I said I was fobbed off by local dealer but am getting the recall done now after being put through by Lexus UK. Thanks for letting me know it was as long ago as that, something to ask next week when I drop the car off why the delay.

• Like 1