Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200t sport owners manual

Hi All,

got my new IS200t Sport at the weekend but there is no owners manual in the glove box, now my sales rep is off on holiday and another rep at the Lexus garage told me there is no longer one in the car and it is now a digital download (which I have downloaded) is this the case?

Thanks,

Barry

Yes that is the case, although I think if you make a fuss Lexus GB will eventually send you one.

It's all about saving the planet. Or money. Hhmmmm. [emoji57]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have the same problem. I contacted Lexus UK who confirmed it was digital but a hard copy could be ordered by the dealer. 

I've asked the dealer to do this and am awaiting it. I'm old school.

I downloaded the digital version but its bloody difficult to use.....a step back if you ask me but at least the car still has a dip stick:wink3: 

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I'm a techie but I prefer my car manual to be old school too lol, looking at a PDF on a smartphone is, well, rubbish!

The sales rep is off that I dealt with bought my other 2 Lexus off him too, so will ask him on his return from his holiday :),

23 hours ago, barryb said:

Thanks guys, I'm a techie but I prefer my car manual to be old school too lol, looking at a PDF on a smartphone is, well, rubbish!

The sales rep is off that I dealt with bought my other 2 Lexus off him too, so will ask him on his return from his holiday :),

I had an e mail from the dealer today that its online only for the IS200t ..(.an IS300h one turned up when they attempted to get one.)

This was the e mail from Lexus.....I presumed the last sentence meant they were available but seemingly not !

Thank you for your email regarding your Lexus IS200t.

As part of Lexus’ commitment to improving the environment, we’ve moved our owner’s manuals online. You can easily access and download the relevant owner or navigation manual for your vehicle by clicking here and signing up to a My Lexus Portal account: http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/your-lexus/#MyLexusCustomerPortal

It may be that you can obtain a hard copy of your vehicle's owner's manual by ordering one through your local Lexus Centre, but this will come at a cost to yourself. You will need to contact them directly to discuss ordering a manual for your vehicle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doog442 said:

I had an e mail from the dealer today that its online only for the IS200t ..(.an IS300h one turned up when they attempted to get one.)

This was the e mail from Lexus.....I presumed the last sentence meant they were available but seemingly not !

Thank you for your email regarding your Lexus IS200t.

As part of Lexus’ commitment to improving the environment, we’ve moved our owner’s manuals online. You can easily access and download the relevant owner or navigation manual for your vehicle by clicking here and signing up to a My Lexus Portal account: http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/your-lexus/#MyLexusCustomerPortal

It may be that you can obtain a hard copy of your vehicle's owner's manual by ordering one through your local Lexus Centre, but this will come at a cost to yourself. You will need to contact them directly to discuss ordering a manual for your vehicle.

Does it really make much of a difference if an IS300h one turns up?

Yes, you might not be able to rely on the technical bits to do with the engine but all the tech and functionality of the car will be exactly the same

20 hours ago, rayaans said:

Does it really make much of a difference if an IS300h one turns up?

Yes, you might not be able to rely on the technical bits to do with the engine but all the tech and functionality of the car will be exactly the same

Not at all the first thing I did was ask them to send it to me.  

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Fair enough, has it arrived yet?

It arrived this morning and its simply the quick quide....I give up and will carry on with the pdf on the phone which is a right pain. Still It's nice of Lexus to think of the environment, perhaps they could have used recycled material in their manuals or something.

Its odd, Mini ditched the leather folders but you still get a stonking great handbook, Lexus do the complete opposite. I know what I would rather have !

22 hours ago, Chris.S said:

Mine didnt come with one originally but i went beack to the dealer a few months later and got my handbook

Hey Chris,

Was it the full manual and not the quick guide Doog got?