Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus, the bad man's car!

The-Acre

We've just been going through the first few series of 24 all over again, and I can't help thinking Toyota must have had some sort of financial input!  Lexus cars feature throughout, including the IS, SC430 and the LS430, also some 4wd vehicles that we don't have here, but they have the LS430 grille and headlights. Also the name Lexus is mentioned a few times.  Interestingly though, it's always the baddie's who drive them!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There was a brief thread about Lexus cars in TV shows a couple of years ago (see 300H on TV, started by Dixgas, October 2014, 300h Forum).

My own theory about Lexus U.S.'s product placement strategy was that the baddies in TV shows were used as part of an attempt to cultivate a

non-benign image and thus hopefully mitigate the brand's reputation as the choice of dull and boring solid citizens.

1 hour ago, Rabbers said:

There was a brief thread about Lexus cars in TV shows a couple of years ago (see 300H on TV, started by Dixgas, October 2014, 300h Forum).

My own theory about Lexus U.S.'s product placement strategy was that the baddies in TV shows were used as part of an attempt to cultivate a

non-benign image and thus hopefully mitigate the brand's reputation as the choice of dull and boring solid citizens.

Good point!  I couldn't help noticing when watching an episode yesterday that the camera purposely panned towards a bad man's black LS430 for no other reason than showing the front grille.  

I watched a box set of The Sopranos recently, and early on in the series the head honcho used his enforcers car, an LS400, to chase, then run over, a bad debtor.

Last year I popped in to see my ex neighbour in Yorkshire, who lived next door to me in the eighties, when I had a succession of big cars, mostly Japs, as well as the odd Granada, for my taxi business.

He didn't know I was coming, but said he guessed it might be me, when he saw the Japanese Mafia car pull up outside!

Guess there might be something to it, after all.

26 minutes ago, mikeyv said:

I watched a box set of The Sopranos recently, and early on in the series the head honcho used his enforcers car, an LS400, to chase, then run over, a bad debtor.

Last year I popped in to see my ex neighbour in Yorkshire, who lived next door to me in the eighties, when I had a succession of big cars, mostly Japs, as well as the odd Granada, for my taxi business.

He didn't know I was coming, but said he guessed it might be me, when he saw the Japanese Mafia car pull up outside!

Guess there might be something to it, after all.

Lexus is250 also feature in the very last episode.

18 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Excellent reason to get 24 on a boxset for Christmas me thinks, thanks 😉

How could you in good conscience partake of Christmas good cheer at the sight of jack Bauer and other CTU operatives being forced

to use cruddy no-optionals government-issue Fords or Chevvies to successfully chase down villainous Lexus owners?:ph34r::huh::angry:

Still, there is some good news.  The president also has an LS430 and survives when the car is wrecked, so if you have a big Lexus and are chased over a ravine by very bad men you may well survive! 

• Like 1