Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

wing mirors IS220d 2007

HI

just wondering if the inner of a IS200 is the same as a IS 220? I want to replace the motors inside them and the IS200 wing mirrors are much cheaper on eBay.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I don't know if you got sorted out but there is plenty of info on the forum about the wing mirrors and the motors

A squirt of WD-40 will normally fix them but if you do need a new motor then there is a close equivalent (we don't know the specification of the OEM motor but it's probably not that different) that is available on amazon and eBay quite cheaply - search for FC-140RE.

My passenger side mirror has stopped working again (after a squirt of WD-40 a few months ago) so I will try a new motor and see if that's a better fix

Its an easy job to clean the motors - I found two cogs worn a bit - replaced them and they are working fine. Just one point to watch is when removing and replacing the mirror glass back, be gentle when doing so.

Heres the walkthrough I done a while back

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

7A.jpg

8.jpg

8A.jpg

9.jpg

9A.jpg

9B.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Thanks

I've changed the passenger mirror completely with one from eBay, the one on the car was a bit damaged. the mirror retracts but no other movement, then I've bought two Toyota Avensis mirror motors from eBay, but still nothing. The driver side mirror moves left and right only, I will probably take that motor and try on the other one before buying new motors, but I had other problems with the car that made me to delay this.    

Not the same. I used only the motors. the contact blades need to be pushed apart and I had to retain the cogs and replace the one for the Avensis ,after I cut a piece from the metal piece that rotates inside 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links