Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guy's

I'm wondering if anyone has had this happen.

I was cleaning the carpets...thanks to the last owner using it to ferry logs and garden equipment around.

I moved the driver's seat forward and back and a plastic runner has slid out and won't slide back. 

I don't want to break it forcing it back.

Any ideas?

Yeah nor me.

The seat isn't loose and still moves,

I did manage to push it in a few inches (please insert bishop to actress joke)

While the seat was moving forwards and when I moves the seat back the plastic runner didn't slide out more.

If I can't sort it then it might be time to

Cut it off and bury my head in the sand forgetting I ever did it.

Although it might grate me over time.

Have you ever removed the front seats?

cutting it is not a good idea - It must be there for a reason

It might be an idea to remove the seat and look underneath - this will also give you a chance to look and clean underneath the seat - you might also some find some coins aswell.

Before removing disconnect Battery and wait 20 mins

then remove the 4 screws - tilt seat backwards and disconnect electrical connections.

to remove from the car you will also have to undo the seatbelt nut on the side of the seat then rotate the seats towards you and it should come out - it is heavy and awkward but doable - i have done it.

Cruisermark is right the seat is very heavy.  I'll stand corrected but does a 430 have a seat air bag? re: disconnect the Battery?.   I removed my driver's seat in my 460 and before disconnecting the yellow seat air bag wiring block connector did as Crisermark said,  disconnected the Battery and waited 20 mins for the discharge to take effect.  Moreover open the driver's side rear door tilt the seat fully backwards and turn it on it's side slightly as it makes removing the seat easier to avoid the seat coming into contact with the steering wheel. I found having the seat on it's side made it easier to turn the seat around the B post but the weight is deceiving.  

001 (6).JPG

Thanks guys I will get that done in a few days.

Might even find buried treasure, this time next week we could be Millionaires.

Just on my way back home after a 5k tour of Europe car drive like a dream.

I took a load of spares with me, only used an indicator bulb on the first day.