Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone know this lexus ls400? I'm interested in it, cambelt has been replaced at 61444 miles at their local lexus main dealer, but do you think it's worth £2999? On closer inspection it does have couple of dents.

If it really is genuine it has to be worth it, or at least worth making an offer.  It's one that has to be seen in the flesh because when a dealer says "Needs some TLC" it could mean anything.  Lovely looking interior, get yourself down there!!

Thanks for the replys. I've got a day of work on Wednesday so I might pop down to have a look. It does show a slight dent at the bottom of the nearside rear door, but the car itself doesn't look that bad. I wish it had rear parking sensors though.

bodywork needs attention - if you look down the listing - the dealer has given pictures - 10 out of 10 for interior - last MOT history mentions shock absorber fluid leak and corroded springs so if possible maybe have on the ramp for a good nose around

26 minutes ago, messi said:

Thanks for the replys. I've got a day of work on Wednesday so I might pop down to have a look. It does show a slight dent at the bottom of the nearside rear door, but the car itself doesn't look that bad. I wish it had rear parking sensors though.

Way overpriced, for a car that needs that much bodywork.

Look again at the pictures, n/s/f  corner bumper, n/s/r door bottom and another door damaged, middle and bottom.

Mot history is a bit iffy as well, with perished tyres, corroded brake pipes, followed by undersealed brake pipes as an advisory, and other signs of neglect.

Don't be lured by a nice interior, these cars are great quality, and even well used examples respond well to a simple valet.

Doesn't strike me as a car that's been cared for, but it's your money and your choice, as always.

Rear parking sensors are cheap on eBay, colour coded(ish), and not hard to fit.

true - it certainly is a nice car and has many positive however suspension work can be pricey so factor that in.

Well said about the simple valet - even after 12 years my grey interior looks as good as new with very little wear evident - and thats only using a damp cloth to give it wipe

I would think another £2K+ spent on it and it might be back to what it should be.

But does sounds like a really good poke about underneath is called for.

Not so sure I would take it on, and why would a low mileage model have corroded brake pipes etc, seems to be in worse shape than my Mk4 was when I got it 4 years ago, and I have had to spend about £1500 over last two years getting suspension, exhaust sorted, but it has done £170K+

I quite like the typo (126BHP).

If you do go and have a look Qamar, be interesting to get your report on it, as good LS series are getting harder to find.

• 1 month later...