Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

tyre recommendations please

gt03raf

Hi, 

my wifes CT 200h F-sport needs new tyres... again!

we live in Milton Keynes which has quite a few roundabouts and we're only getting around 10,000 miles out of the fronts before they need changing due to outer edge wear.

Thats the worst although across the whole tyre it's not particularly great.

It has Bridgestone AE50's on it (which is what it was supplied with) 

wondered about other people's experiences, particularly from a wear perspective

thanks

Andy

• Like 1

its nothing wonky... the cars only 2 years old and the tyre wear is standard for milton keynes (especially when people drive like my wife)

it's pretty much 70 mph everywhere and you are on roundabouts leaning on the outside edge almost as much as you're going straight!

just need something harder wearing than yokohama's.

think bridge stones will be better..

Michelin get a reputation for being hard wearing.

As above however I'd also suggest an alignment check, little point spending £400 on a new set of tyres and wear them out quickly. Also keep an eye on the tyre pressures as being too soft will cause more wear at the edges (which the CT appears to be prone to anyway). The OEM Yokohamas that came off mine when I switched last month at nearly 14k still had 3mm of tread on the outside and 4mm in the centre.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter how you drive, you shouldn't be getting outer edge wear. That usually shows there's an alignment problem. It should definitely be doing more than 10k miles. My RX did 28k on one set and probably weighs 1/3 more!

Id suggest Uniroyal Rainsport 3 in 215/45 r17 91Y,  Dunlop SportMaxx RT2 in 215/45 zr17 91Y or Goodyear Eagle asymmetric 3 in 215/45 r17 91Y. 

Ive given the EXACT details of the tyres as they have the best ratings. Don't go for the Uniroyal rainsport 3 in 87Y or the other tyres with different load or speed ratings as the above are the optimum tyres from that specific model of tyre.

• Like 1