Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lambda / 02 Sensor Failure and Fix

So I have experienced my first and so far only issue with the F. I had a pre-cat lamda sensor fail... to be specific

P0031 H02S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 1

So dashboard does its Christmas tree impressions on the M6, I pull into the services to check it out, I must be one of few who carry a code reader in the car with me at all times just for interest. Find it to be the lambda so no great drama carry on my merry way. First call of course to Lexus to give them the specifics and to get a quote. £580 inc. VAT fitted. So after I picked myself up off the floor started searching and this is what I found.

Denso/Toyota to a specific replacement, part no. DOX-0504 and can be found here: http://www.denso-am.co.uk/e-catalogue/ and can be bought here: http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/denso-direct-fit-lambda-sensor-dox-0504 for £94 although I have a motorfactors around the corner from me and I paid the same through them.

Looked at fitting myself but without a ramp I wouldnt recommend it. Being the pre-cat its pretty well hidden, you can get at the sensor to remove easy enough but the connection to the loom is very well hidden. I took it to a local independant and watched the process. For information at this stage Bank 1 is the bank of cylinders containing cylinder no.1 and is the passenger side of the car (I didnt know this). So they had to remove the small heat shield that sits behind the manifold to be able to get a hand up to unclip the sensor from the loom, The extension they had to use to take off this shield must have been near on 2ft. After its removal everything was easy, took them 45 mins all told. That 45 mins plus the fault clear and re-check was £60. All in a grand total of £154. Where Lexus get their figures for service items I have no idea.

Anyway, this may well be useful to others in the future.

Happy motoring LOC members....

• Like 7

On 17/10/2016 at 2:53 PM, DT_Racing said:

So I have experienced my first and so far only issue with the F. I had a pre-cat lamda sensor fail... to be specific

P0031 H02S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 1

So dashboard does its Christmas tree impressions on the M6, I pull into the services to check it out, I must be one of few who carry a code reader in the car with me at all times just for interest. Find it to be the lambda so no great drama carry on my merry way. First call of course to Lexus to give them the specifics and to get a quote. £580 inc. VAT fitted. So after I picked myself up off the floor started searching and this is what I found.

Denso/Toyota to a specific replacement, part no. DOX-0504 and can be found here: http://www.denso-am.co.uk/e-catalogue/ and can be bought here: http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/denso-direct-fit-lambda-sensor-dox-0504 for £94 although I have a motorfactors around the corner from me and I paid the same through them.

Looked at fitting myself but without a ramp I wouldnt recommend it. Being the pre-cat its pretty well hidden, you can get at the sensor to remove easy enough but the connection to the loom is very well hidden. I took it to a local independant and watched the process. For information at this stage Bank 1 is the bank of cylinders containing cylinder no.1 and is the passenger side of the car (I didnt know this). So they had to remove the small heat shield that sits behind the manifold to be able to get a hand up to unclip the sensor from the loom, The extension they had to use to take off this shield must have been near on 2ft. After its removal everything was easy, took them 45 mins all told. That 45 mins plus the fault clear and re-check was £60. All in a grand total of £154. Where Lexus get their figures for service items I have no idea.

Anyway, this may well be useful to others in the future.

Happy motoring LOC members....

Which code reader do you carry?

Plug in wifi obd2 (scan tools) unit with dash command Iphone app for basic diagnostics (find it ok for a quick look and logging data while running the car) and also a stand alone which is the Innova Equus 3160 which will delve a little deeper. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links