Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've noticed on my car similar vibrations as were described on IS forum (low revs at 90kmh...) but this is slightly different. It begin to vibrate not at certain speed, but when i drive longer distance at the same speed. Doesn't matter if the speed is 90 or 130 km/h. Changing revs, or downshift manually makes it disappear, but after a while it appears again. Vibration is similar to open rear side windows. Did You noticed the same on Your car? I am unsure about claim at dealer, but i am angry of that, because the same problem had my previous car (BMW 528i 2014), and I've sold it 99% for this reason and switched to Lexus and got it too after 10000km. Before i had many cars, low class 4 cylinders, but none of them had this problem. It is really annoying.

9 minutes ago, Zotto said:

I  would rather give a rotation of tyres  with balancing.

I have new winter tires... It is definetely a drivetrain vibration. i have also ratling sound from driveshaft somewhere inside console during acceleration on ICE. If only electric motor is used everything is quiet.

Investigate if sw update has been made, but with your symptoms I have doubts about, as a typical vibration occurred on my GS only at specific conditions and speed, and not randomly.

This is not absolutely random. It occurs always after about 100 kilometers. Plus there is drill-like rattle which occurs always during acceleration. If I push gas pedal harder, rattle disappear. Recently I've noticed also some clatter inside console. All these sounds could have one source. Something should be wrong with my car If i am the only one with this problem.

13 hours ago, arkviz said:

This is not absolutely random. It occurs always after about 100 kilometers. Plus there is drill-like rattle which occurs always during acceleration. If I push gas pedal harder, rattle disappear. Recently I've noticed also some clatter inside console. All these sounds could have one source. Something should be wrong with my car If i am the only one with this problem.

Id presume that there is some kind of issue with the car itself then. Definitely needs taking to the dealer and making sure its not something loose etc etc

You mention you've had the wheels balanced recently but a wheel weight could easily have popped off and cause vibrations like these so make  sure that the wheel weights are still on the vehicle. You should be able to tell by checking for signs of glue 

If a wheel balance is a problem, than it should vibrate also downhills and all time from start to stop. But it is ONLY when engine runs long time at low revs. I will try to record rattling from console during acceleration. The another vibration is not recordable I think.

Also get a weird vibration at specific speeds when held for a long time. (2009 GS450h)

From 72mph (indicated speed) and slightly above it runs in a strange cycle of: vibrates for 3 seconds - stops for 2...and repeat....

FEELS like a slight imbalance on a rear wheel as you can only feel it through your as$ not the steering...but it's the cycle of light vibration then smooth - regular as hell that's got me stumped.

Thoughts? Did think slightly bend rim (as it is balanced) and it's just catching a resonance that comes & goes. Not checked that yet.

I have successfully recorded what are vibrations in my car causing. It comes somewhere from mid console during straight acceleration. I had to filter bass sounds from record :yes: Listen hard right after blinker shut-up.

Drnkot2.mp3

• 5 weeks later...

On Friday, my car was in service for oil maintenance. While my car was there, i got 2014 IS 250. It is older car, 51000km ODO, but it feel much better. Nothing rattles, nothing vibrates...  Buttery smooth. It was no hybrid and my heavy traffic city consumption average was about 8.5 l/100km. Engine revs ranged from about 600 at idle up to 1500 at light foot acceleration with absolutely no vibration Comparing to this,  my 300h is crap. But.... From what i remember my car didn't vibrate when i left dealer. I remember, switch between electric and petrol operation was seamless. Now it is trashy. Wen ICE kicks in and shut off too. I took serviceman for a spin but he didn't noticed anything unusual. Also rattles I've described above didn't appeared. I am not happy now...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links