Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to the forum

Rick1

Evening all, new to the forum and just saying Hi

I am in the process of changing my car and seriously thinking of the CT200h, i have a budget of around 11k so looking around a 62 plate.

Most of what i have read about the car is positive but i want to keep my next car around 4-5 years and have concerns in relation to the reliability of what will then be a 10 yr old hybrid. I dont want to be left with a car that isnt worth anything, if that makes sense. Am i worrying unnecessarily?

Thank you

Richard 

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum.

In a word, Yes!

It's a Lexus, one of the most reliable cars around, and hybrid technology is not new. How many Prius cars are still on the road after 10 years.

Only reservation would be the ride quality of the older CTs are not good. Make sure you have a good test drive first.

I had a 63 plate CT advance that had a built in Tom Tom so the satnav was good and it had a camera. May be worth looking for one of those if your budget will allow.

Paul

The facelift model was late 2013. Mine was pre facelift and the suspension was one of the reasons I swapped for an IS.

The facelift models are apparently better but I have never driven one so could not say.

Easy way to tell the facelift model is the bigger spindle grill and shark fin Ariel.

just having a look around on auto trader (again) some of the cars are 99 bhp and same 134bhp, but the top speed and acceleration are still the same. Am i missing something?

Also think i will struggle to find a face lift model on my budget

I wouldn't pay to much attention to the details on auto trader. There was an engine tweak between the facelift models. Enough to get the co2 down so that a spare wheel could be put back in and keep the co2 into the free tax bracket. Don't know about what affect that had on bhp.

18 minutes ago, Rick1 said:

just having a look around on auto trader (again) some of the cars are 99 bhp and same 134bhp, but the top speed and acceleration are still the same. Am i missing something?

Yes they are both the same thing :smile:

The petrol engine is 99bhp but combined with the electric motor you get something like 134bhp. I don't believe the facelift tweaks made any performance difference, just emissions as mentioned above. You could be really unlucky and get a dud but Lexus are some of the most reliable cars around and Prius mini cabs (use the same drive train) are still going strong after a number of years and > 100k miles. An approved used car will also come with a Lexus warranty and breakdown cover for a year to give some peace of mind.

Be sure to give one a test drive to see if it gives you enough performance and is comfy enough. They aren't rocket ships and are on the hard side but offer plenty for many people, myself included.

• Like 1

Hey rick, welcome along. Cant advise on an older model as mines a 2016model and only had it 6days so im learning the car everyday as i go.  What i can say is i absolutely love it and can wholeheartedly recommend a ct. Easily adjusted to to car and the relaxed driving style suits me . It does pick up and go in sport mode but id only use it for hills and overtaking. 

Take a few test drives and enjoy.

Dictating most of the above.

I've got the SE L Premier model which has everything incl the Mark Levinson sound system. It's a 2011 with 70K and still drives like new. It's just sailed through its 3rd MOT with no advisories as with the previous 2. I love it and getting great mpg. Yes the rides firm but not uncomfortable. The seats are very comfortable and it's built with Lexus luxury inside. The hybrid Battery is guaranteed for 5 years plus additional years after(told by a Lexus dealer). Well worth a test drive. You won't be disappointed.

Good luck!

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Morning  stormchaser

Thanks for the reply, how does the extra years on the Battery guarantee work? And is that only if purchased through a Lexus dealership?

And does anyone know the costs involved if they need replacing ?

Thanks

Richard

I was told after the MOT the other day that when it gets to 5 years old they then do a yearly/10K warranty on the batteries and then yearly again until 100K. Obviously this happens after they do a hybrid health check which is £59. Somewhat confused about it but that's what the service dept told me as it was advertised on there tv screen in the showroom. I believe the price of the Battery pack is circa £2600

Sorry forgot to add that I didn't get my CT through a dealer. .

• Like 1

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/#ServicingYourLexus

You will benefit from an extra 1 year or 10,000 mile (whichever comes sooner) hybrid battery warranty extension with each Hybrid Health check. This is available up to the 10th anniversary of the vehicle’s registration with no limit on total mileage. Terms and Conditions apply, please contact your Centre for full details.

• Like 2

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/#ServicingYourLexus

You will benefit from an extra 1 year or 10,000 mile (whichever comes sooner) hybrid battery warranty extension with each Hybrid Health check. This is available up to the 10th anniversary of the vehicle’s registration with no limit on total mileage. Terms and Conditions apply, please contact your Centre for full details.

Thanks for that. I thought I was kind of right haha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the hybrid Battery warranty is extended by 12mths after haveing a lexus service carried out, you can also purchase a 2 year lexus warranty for only £495

this includes 2 years of AA european breakdown cover and mot insurance.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2016 at 2:04 AM, stormchaser said:

I believe the price of the battery pack is circa £2600

Don't let the cost of a new Battery pack frighten you, it doesn't make sense to purchase a new Battery pack from Lexus. Just get the old one repaired for a few hundred pounds or find a secondhand Battery from a scrapped vehicle.

• Like 1

To put things into context, our local taxi company now only run Toyota Prius', which as mentioned above use the same drivetrain as the CT. The owner says that it's the best decision he has ever made and swears that nothing has ever gone wrong on any of the cars. All he has to pay for is scheduled maintenance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2016 at 9:57 PM, 200h said:

the hybrid battery warranty is extended by 12mths after haveing a lexus service carried out, you can also purchase a 2 year lexus warranty for only £495

this includes 2 years of AA european breakdown cover and mot insurance.

Only £495 ? . For each year , or for the 2 years ? . If for two years who did you renew the warranty with ? . I'm looking at extending mine now . Thank s 

for the CT its £495 for 2 years warranty including 2 years AA european breakdown and 2 years Mot insurance so yes its a good deal

its bought through your lexus dealership,if you break it down the AA cost £250 for the 2 years so the leaves £245 for the cost of the

warranty for the car which is £122.50 per year.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm Jeff. Been driving 43 years, but new to Lexus. Bought an  RX450h for the practical design features, comfort, luxury ... 

First day in the driving seat has been a very pleasant experience. Many more to come I hope.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links