Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is it worth getting a Service Plan?

keiron99

I picked up a 2 year old GS300h from Lexus Sheffield a couple of weeks ago. It has 27k on the clock, and I do about 20k a year.

I intend to keep the car for at least 4 years.

From what I understand, you can negotiate a "service plan" which spreads the cost over whatever timeframe you choose. I cannot for the life of me find any information on this on the (rubbish) Lexus website. Can anyone point me to some info?

And generally speaking, does anyone have anything to say (good or bad) about this scheme? 

It's been discussed many many times.

If you target the LOC site by using this URL in your search engine you'll find plenty of information.

site:lexusownersclub.co.uk service plans

I rang three dealers and my local dealer matched the lowest price. 

I'm due two major services and one minor (car had 1st service on purchase) and this is costing £34 a month over 29 months plus an initial payment. 

When you see what they actually do in the full services (very comprehensive) I think its probably worth it. The future cost is fixed at the quote they give you and will only rise if VAT goes up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, keiron99 said:

I picked up a 2 year old GS300h from Lexus Sheffield a couple of weeks ago. It has 27k on the clock, and I do about 20k a year.

I intend to keep the car for at least 4 years.

From what I understand, you can negotiate a "service plan" which spreads the cost over whatever timeframe you choose. I cannot for the life of me find any information on this on the (rubbish) Lexus website. Can anyone point me to some info?

And generally speaking, does anyone have anything to say (good or bad) about this scheme? 

Lexus UK are having a big push at making the service prices fixed across all national sites so now, they should be all the same.

The benefits of the plan is that the price doesn't go up unless VAT goes up and also, you can pay it monthly interest free rather than paying it upfront. Also, some dealer groups give out certain advantages with the service plan. In my case, RRG group give me a free courtesy car or pick up/drop off of my car when servicing, free puncture repairs for me and any car in my family, 10% off parts and a free full valet each year. Its best to check out what other advantages you gain from getting a service plan from Lexus Sheffield or whichever dealer you plan on going to.

As an example, lets use your car with 27k on the clock and annual mileage of 20k.

So you can take out a 4 year plan if you wish and as you do 20k per year, you'll need 2 services per year (10k service intervals). Therefore, you will have services from 30k, every 10k up till 100k in those 4 years.

So, a service plan will cost you £3260 for all 8 services up to 100k.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I finally got a response from Lexus Stockport (they didn't respond to my online enquiry).

They quoted me £995 for a 2 intermediates and a full. Price £995. 

But that's exactly what I'd pay anyway, without getting into any kind of plan with them. So what's the advantage here?

(And by the way, is this not seriously expensive? I'll be needing this every 12 months or so. Yikes. I think I need to find an independent!)

6 hours ago, keiron99 said:

OK so I finally got a response from Lexus Stockport (they didn't respond to my online enquiry).

They quoted me £995 for a 2 intermediates and a full. Price £995. 

But that's exactly what I'd pay anyway, without getting into any kind of plan with them. So what's the advantage here?

(And by the way, is this not seriously expensive? I'll be needing this every 12 months or so. Yikes. I think I need to find an independent!)

Sounds right.

Like I said, Lexus UK have fixed the prices. I should mention however that the Lexus Stockport service plan includes free full valet each year, half price MOT, 10% off parts, free puncture repairs for you and any other cars in your family and they'll pick up/drop off your car or you can have a hybrid courtesy car for however long they keep the car (and yes sometimes its 2 days if like me you get service, MOT and full valet done in one go). They also do the hybrid health check required for the warranty after the car is 3 years old which would cost £59 per year otherwise.

The advantage is that, if you're going to be keeping the car for 4 years, its highly likely the prices will go up between now and then, however, if you have the plan, then they wont. You also get to pay monthly interest free.

If you're doing 20k miles a year, you only need 2 services a year, not 3 so it'll be around £720 per year not £995.

Expensive/Not expensive - thats ultimately up to you. Personally Im fine with it as Id prefer my car to have the Lexus stamp in the book and Ive had issues with independents in the past putting wrong oil in and dirty marks all over my car, scratches wheels, pneumatic tools for putting wheel nuts on etc

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links