Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Mercedes has attacked my LS400!

Having parked in a rather busy car park at the local B&M bargains store last weekend we were walking back towards the car when my other half mentioned that a white Mercedes was reversing towards my car.

Unfortunately it managed to hit my nearside front bumper resulting in the damage shown in the picture. The driver did to his credit stop,get out and gave me his details saying he was very sorry and would pay for the repair.

I got a couple of quotes and rang him today and he has agreed to pay the lower quote of £150.00 from my local bodyshop.

I did question the fact that the Mercedes had reversing sensors and wing mirrors and still hit me, seems to be a common problem for him as he had recently had the rear nearside wheelarch and rear nearside door repaired after further separate incidents.

At least it was done by a nice honest driver local who will pay up.

Coincidentally it was a BMW that caused the last damage, German cars don't like us.

IMG_0342.JPG

• Like 1

Was the driver old so while listening loudly to Ken Bruce on Radio 2, not able to hear the sensors on his Merc.

or

Was he young, and listening to Kerrang music even louder and would have needed an atomic bomb going off to notice anything.

• Like 1

"Was the driver old so while listening loudly to Ken Bruce on Radio 2, not able to hear the sensors on his Merc.

or

Was he young, and listening to Kerrang music even louder and would have needed an atomic bomb going off to notice anything."

or did he own up becuse he saw that you saw the incident ?

At least he offered to pay, so all you have to do now is hope that he pays up.......:)

Seriously, an incident you could have done without, but it should have a happy outcome.

Regards

John

No Ken Bruce on Saturdays......Popmaster maybe not.

I phoned him today with the quotes and he said he was happy to meet up to make the payment so confident he will stump up, told him I was happy to make the payment then give him the invoice when he settles up.

Also rang the paint guy who looked at it, he couldn't remember seeing it earlier this week and still waiting for the callback.....must have been on the cellulose fumes!

You were lucky (ish), our car has damage to every corner, these cars seem to attract bad parkers, but never had anybody take responsibility.

All the damage is superficial, and probably easily repaired, but I just know some pillock would scrape it before the paint was dry!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Was the driver old so while listening loudly to Ken Bruce on Radio 2, not able to hear the sensors on his Merc.

or

Was he young, and listening to Kerrang music even louder and would have needed an atomic bomb going off to notice anything.

Oi, I resemble that remark! :biggrin:

At 58, my favourite band of all time is LED Zeppelin, who's members are currently 68, 72 and 70 years old and when I get there I'll still be listening to them - no Ken Bruce for me :yucky:

The biggest wrench of buying our RX300 five months ago was that it only has an FM radio so I can't listen to Planet Rock on DAB!

2 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

At 58, my favourite band of all time is Led Zeppelin, who's members are currently 68, 72 and 70 years old and when I get there I'll still be listening to them - no Ken Bruce for me :yucky:

I'm just 2 years older than you John....same sentiments here :rockon:

• Like 1

But it has reversing sensors?

so do I; called eyes!

I nearly had similar incident with my (still pristine)  3 litre Citroen XM 2 days back. Luckily I was standing next to it, as idiot-who-can't-tell-how big-his-car-is was about to keep reversing until he heard the bang! Twice! I had to actually stand in his way to dissuade the 3rd attempt.

But......B+M? Should park in distant corners?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

18 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Who did you get to do it in the end Steve?

My local body shop Mike, Autokolor at Riddings, Derbyshire.

They did a good job the last time and same again, he also gave me the left over paints in little plastic tubs for touch ups.

Even washed and waxed the car before collection.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links