Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bob,

Had the same thing happen to me two years ago when parked out back of my house, all along drivers side.

I have left it as it, mainly due to the fact that I have not got off my backside, but also need to get a bat poo pock mark on bonnet sorted and in June I had a falling branch put a big dent in nearside rear pillar.

The key mark has not gone rusty, even though deep, as they did not penetrate the undercoat.

Also be aware if you report this to police then the insurance companies my invalidate your insurance if you do not tell them about any incidences.  This will impact your insurance for next five years.

One reason for not owning a really expensive car when you have idiots doing this kind of thing, and annoying that to get the LS back to looking good is going to cost a few quid.

Very sorry to read that this has happened :(

Maybe try the Chips-away type guys, - I am sure I read that they can sort this sort of thing... shop around for quotes from a number of bodyshop places (that's if you're intending on fixing it), - a lot of them offering "smart" repairs which should work out cheaper than full panel resprays.  It might not be worth informing insurance, what with excess and future penalisation. 

Get it fixed - move on - one of those out of control things that happens.

• Like 1

Bob,

Am really sorry to hear that your car has had a run in with the brainless gang. If there is one thing I hate it is vandals who go around damaging the things that do not belong to them and have not payed for themselves. Unfortunately our red LS430 has suffered a lot from this sort of thing since it was purchased back in the day. Just recently it was left for only about twenty mins in a supermarket and when I came back, there was a vertical scratch down the side:angry:

I know who did it. Driving home a small old car overtook us at a phenomenal speed whilst the passenger pulled a funny face. I glimpsed the driver, who had been in the supermarket at the same time as me and had given me an odd look. I have no idea what he thought I had done to upset him. I had never even set eyes on him before that. I could never prove anything, unfortunately.

I am going to try some coloured polish.......

Alex

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links