Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

600H 2007 Can I buy warranty since over the age?

I am looking to buy a 2007 600h. 2008 models i could get warranty from lexus but not if older.  Also lexus have withdrawn warranty on LS and are revoking at this..hmm

I cannot find a car at right price and condition 

Does anyone know how can get warranty of any kind to support this purchase?

There are companies who will quote you a warranty price for any late model of car but its weather you will want to pay the premium when you get the quote.

Type  car warranties into your search engine.

Usually the car must be no more than twelve years old with no more than 60k on the clock.

My LS400 fits the mileage criteria at 34k but fails on the age as its now 18 yrs old

According to the Lexus website an extended warranty is offered for vehicles up to 10 years old or 140,000 miles but at £1495 for 12 months!

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/warranty-and-insurance/#LexusCareExtendedWarranty

Click on the Terms and conditions for more details.

Thank you both very much.  A call to Lexus dealer last week revealed that Lexus as of now is reviewing (not revoking) LS warranty but I was told that 2007 is too old...by dealer

I have an LS 400 as you know, 190,00 miles yesterday but she failed MOT.  two issues.Tyre was one easy but upper suspension ball joint.

I looked on eBay and think i can find.

But had planned to sell her and assumed that she would clear MOT. She has rust etc but overall in great fettle. i have done work on leather and so all in all fantastic...well you know this.  I have put nearly 20,00 miles in last two years on M5/M4/M42.  AND i also drove another car too.

600h is in part because I will be doing many more work miles and want lower mileage vehicle with huge comfort and can afford to spend more..value is great in any event. I have land rovers so ideally would keep 400 as well but full barn!  and my spouse is less keen on more cars

IMG_3427.JPG

............just a thought .........maybe replace the UCA with a good one and then maybe next year the other side too ........  and then you will have a car in even better " fettle " and could easily outlast your suggested Ls600 AND be less troublesome all round perhaps too.

Eye-watering the Lexus warranty cost for a year at £1495 ............  you could get your 1995 Mk3 in fantastic condition for that cost alone !

Malc

Thanks Malc..hmm  I agree my Mk3 is great and your suggestion sensible.

Re 600H i did not see that as troublesome..assuming similar quality etc and a nicer newer car for me and family.

I thought 600H were solid..

............ there is an issue with obtaining a good quality UCA .  or not ......  and if it's not reasonable quality and too cheap then LOC Members here have had them deteriorate just hanging on the wall in their packaging in their garage !

But OEM Lexus are £500 each ..... mine cost £250 ( each ) and seem good quality BUT I have no idea the make coz my Indie supplied and fitted the part. ......  it's in it's 2nd year now and just waiting for the other side to maybe need replacing at the next MOT next summer.........  the other side has now done 189k miles

Hey  It's my Mk3 Ls400 21st Birthday today too  ......................  must have a party :yahoo:

............ and the cost of good quality UCAs is tiny compared to what you might need to stump up in the event of age related failure on your suggested Ls600 air suspension and maybe hybrid batteries ...............  notwithstanding it's a super luxury saloon costing £100k or so new  .....  there's a reason they want to charge £1495 for a years warranty I guess.

Good luck whatever you decide upon  ............  don't let us over influence your decision eh !

Malc

I was just about to post a warning about the UCA - as I was the original poster regarding the deteriorating rubber on my garage wall lol. The link posted seems to be the same supplier I bought from.

Blueprint do UCA's for around £200 and you will get a decent warranty, but I've no idea as to quality, but they should be better than the cheap chinese rubbish.

Pete

I should perhaps just mention that I recently went through the thought processes of replacing my Mk3 with a Ls460 or Ls600, probably 2nd hand but maybe not ........could never justify spending the money for brand new and neither could I be worrying about the lack of potential longevity and hence reliability on a 2nd hand one either what with all the issues that a few members on here have experienced ............. so, I kept what I have and bought  a 56 plate Honda Legend to replace my 1994 Mazda 323f ( but the Mazda's still going with a new MOT which shocked us all ) ...  and my dear old 1932 Triumph that I really can't bear to part with .............

I'll probably just worry no more about cars, especially Lexus and keep to what I have notwithstanding it's a bit long in the tooth, but at 21, well, it's only a quarter the age of the Triumph :wub:

Malc

Yes  I understand completely..my budget is about 15-20  so way above what i paid for my 400.  But other cars very long and wanted and needed newer

I am unaware of any issues with 460 and 600H ..should i be looking further on forum Malcolm?

............ yes I think you should look on the forum for more info

especially:

air suspension woes

potential steering column issues

Ls600 engine replacement due to Lexus not finding why the warning light showed up !

and a guy on here very recently bought his 460 under warranty and Lexus fixing £9k of parts plus labour under warranty

..................... I don't think I could be that brave and buy either of those models now

but it's entirely your decision, I expect there are very many happy satisfied contented owners of the Ls460s and Ls600s  ......  doesn't it worry you though that the 2nd hand prices are so bombed out compared to the price new :w00t:

But it's cars generally, some you're lucky with and other's not and then there's our Ls400s which are lulling us all in to a sense of complacency about 2nd hand cars.which is just not deserved in many makes/marques.

Spend your money wisely whatever you do.............. and enjoy it.

Malc

• Like 1

Get yourself a facelift LS430, fantastic value.  In fact with your budget you can get 3 or 4! Then you'll still have a classic looking limo that's a delight to drive and a pleasure to be in!

• 3 weeks later...

The popularity of the LS 460/600 never ceases to amaze me.   Currently as of the 16th November 2016 there are only 3 LS models sitting in Lexus dealerships in the UK.   No other car I know of enjoys such high demand for the LS460/600.  Even Autotrader lists only 44 vehicles for sale for the LS460/600's nationally.   All cars have issues regardless of make but having had a 460 for just over 12 months which I bought from Lexus Carlisle I'm beginning to wonder why I paid £1495 for a further 2 years Lexus warranty when they were offering 2 for 1.  This car hasn't missed a beat in the first year of ownership and I doubt if another 2 years warranty will see me make a claim.  My previous 6 cars were 3 assorted Jaguars and before that 3 Bentleys.   The Jags were faultless but the Bentleys were very temperamental and had more faults than you could shake a stick at. 

Go for a dealer LS460 when one pops up in your budget which will have a Lexus warranty.   

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links