Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grey Spanner Icon

I bought my car in May with about 5K on the clock.  The dealership did all the usual prep first.

I have now done just under 8K miles and I have noticed that when I start the car, right at the bottom of the rectangular MFD display, a grey spanner flashed up for about a second with 7542 next to it.  (I am assuming thats miles) and then it goes and is replaced with ODO and the correct mileage.  Does this mean I need a service?  I went in to the main navigation display, then in to the car maintenance screen and the spanner is highlighted in blue.  When I select it, it tells me a service is due December 2017.

Im confused.  Which is right ?

If the spanner is grey I would think it would be red if a service was due, perhaps it is telling you the next service is due in 7542 miles based on mileage and not time.

Aacording to the USA version of the manual services are due every 6 months or 5000 miles, it may be wise to have a chat with your local dealer.

We don't do 5k services here, it's pointless. 

We run on 10k/1 year services so if you're nearing 10k or 1 year since the car was registered, it's time for your first service

If the spanner is grey I would think it would be red if a service was due, perhaps it is telling you the next service is due in 7542 miles based on mileage and not time.

Aacording to the USA version of the manual services are due every 6 months or 5000 miles, it may be wise to have a chat with your local dealer.

It doesn't change colour but it indicates how many miles until the next service is due.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When was the car registered? I suspect the mileage for next service is wrong anyway If you've done 8k. YOur need a service in 2k miles, not 7542! 

If your car is registered in December you'll be looking at December 2016 service, not December 2017 as well. Very odd. 

The only reason the above wouldn't apply is if you bought it at 5k when it was 1 year old and they did the 10k service which would explain the 7542 miles showing up

• Like 1