Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Factory workshop manual

Many, many moons ago I had a Rover 800 Sterling and the Haynes manual just wasn't good enough so I bought the official factory manual; well, two actually, as there was a separate one dedicated to the electrics. I can't remember the exact cost but it was certainly over £200 for the two.

Can you get the factory manual for the RX300 from Lexus?

I love having paper manuals but it seems that most people these days sign up to the Toyota/Lexus service website and then pay a few quid for 24 hours access to the service manuals online (you can print pages from the books to keep tho)...

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There is a Haynes manual for the RX300 (Toyota Highlander). There are a set of OEM manuals on eBay but for the 2000 model year, they do turn up occasionally.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-Lexus-RX300-Factory-Workshop-Shop-Service-Repair-Manual-Set-Vol-1-2-/122196575160?hash=item1c737bc3b8:g:Sq8AAOSwNuxXb-Tj

57 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

There is a Haynes manual for the RX300 (Toyota Highlander). There are a set of OEM manuals on ebay but for the 2000 model year, they do turn up occasionally.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-Lexus-RX300-Factory-Workshop-Shop-Service-Repair-Manual-Set-Vol-1-2-/122196575160?hash=item1c737bc3b8:g:Sq8AAOSwNuxXb-Tj

Thanks Steve, although I'm not quite sure how relevant and useful a manual for a left-hand drive 2000 car would be when working on a right-hand drive 2005 car. Not trying to be flippant, just realistic, cos it's a lot of money to shell out if most of it doesn't relate to what we need when we need it.

Got to be honest though; due to health problems I can't really do much of my own work now anyway. It's just that I like to have that 'book of knowledge' to look at when a problem or an idea pops its head up. Looks like I may have to pay for timed access to the online version if I ever have the need.

No problem I was just showing that as an example and stated the correct manuals do appear on eBay from time to time.

I certainly wasn't aware of the Haynes version.

All of my OEM manuals are for LHD versions, yes there are differences but all the important bits are there.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links