Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, looking at CT200h as next car

R4SH

Hi all, new to the forum,

Wishing to switch from my ageing Mitsubishi space star and have always admired Lexus for their reliability and durability. Is there a buying guide for the CT or any common problems or things to look out for?

I have had a good read and know about the debatable ride but other than that I haven't come across any other major issues. I am looking for 2011/12 models, would anyone worry about high mileage cars 100k+ ? I am handy with cars and not afraid of things going wrong, because they can always be fixed, but its the Battery packs I am most worried about having not owned a hybrid before- there is one on AT with 145k for 6k, spoke to the seller and will be going to see it soon, will be tempted if it has been fully maintained as per seller.

Thanks

Hi, ive only had my ct for two weeks but can wholly recommend it. I enjoy driving mine everytime i get behind the wheel. The ride yes it can be firm but i find it suitable for my driving style. Test drive is the best way to decide. As with any car a full dealer service history is preffered. Reference the batteries. Lexus warrant them for 5yrs then on each anniversary a health check warrants them for another year. This applies up to ten years.

I find it a very relaxing ,lazy drive very similar to my old 400 . 

• Like 1

Hello.

Got a new CT200h Sport+ an extra 2500 package.

The car is pretty good. The ride is not as firm as it is mentioned ( I think they have made some changes in the "2017" model and this has improved, but I can not say as I haven driven any previous generation CT )

Overall happy especially for commuting in Town and motorway if you are respecting the speed limit. At higher speed the engine revs hard and is a bit noisy. It is not the roomiest of cars, but is good for small families.

I would advise to buy it new, there are ( or there were up until the end of September) some excellent offers

Thanks for all the replies. I have a yaris T sport which was commented on having a firm ride on reviews but I don't find it too bad at all. Yes I will test drive one and see how it goes! Ideally I would purchase an IS300h but they are out of my price range at the moment, @talaipwros can't afford new I am afraid, have always preferred to buy used cars with cash :yes:

• Like 1

On 10/31/2016 at 9:47 PM, 200h said:

try and buy one with a full lexus service history if possible at least you know its been serviced by people who know what they are doing

I don't think they all actually know what they're doing but they all say they know what they're doing. Lexus full service history means that there is little room for warranty quibbles from Lexus though.

ok what i meant to say is it s better than having a car with full service history from joe blogs corner garage 

who doesnt have the specialst knowledge about hybrids.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links