Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS430 rear facelift lights on non facelift?

Hello all,

A quick question. I have a non facelift ls430 and my neighbour is about to have his facelift one scrapped after an accident. If i remove the facelift style rear lights from his car will they fit on my 2002 ls430. I want to get rid of the orange plastic bit on my rear lights. Also would the connection be different? 

I already have his facelift wheels on mine and would really like to complete the look:biggrin:

Cheers

Alex 

Difficult to say for sure but I would check the casings for similarities and then the fixing points to see if they line up.

To be absolutely sure you would have to swap over the unit from his car to yours, not usually a difficult or time consuming job.

2 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Difficult to say for sure but I would check the casings for similarities and then the fixing points to see if they line up.

To be absolutely sure you would have to swap over the unit from his car to yours, not usually a difficult or time consuming job.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. Am i correct in saying that all I need to do is remove the lights via the two little openings in the boot right behind the lights? They look like two little flaps i think.  

Just now, cruisermark said:

yes thats correct - then there is 2 lugs on the lights which go into hole on the bodywork - so you will need to wiggle the light a little to free up the lugs

Cheers Cruisermark. I'll probably give it a go when I go down to the car tomorrow. I still don't have a solution about my old wheels which are on it, but can't wait to pull out the instrument cluster perhaps and the nav screen and of course try the rear lights.

Alex 

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Won't the insurance company notice a missing cluster and nav screen?

Hi Steve,

My neighbour has not as yet signed the car over to the insurers and thus it is still his. He said that I can take any parts I want from it, just not the wheels as the insurers when he eventually signs it over to them would not be able to move it. I have left the nav screen and opened up the cluster and taken the needles. I do not think that this would affect their ability to pull it onto a flat bed truck, or at least I hope it will not:unsure:

Alex 

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I have a scrap set of 16" LS400 wheels and tyres you can have if they are of any use to you :whistling1:

Wow, that sounds FANTASTIC!. Might be just what i need. Do you think that they would fit a 430? Sorry for late reply, only just got home.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links