Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How do I remove these switches?

Don't they just pop off using a suitable Bojo type instrument?

The one called "audio" by prising the gap near to the "o" and then you'll get purchase on the one next to it.

Thats what I've done on other cars, Lexus shouldn't be much different, I will stand being corrected.

So does that mean I follow the video and continue working my way up?  I somehow didn't think it would be straightforward, but I'd hoped it wouldn't mean removing the whole centre.  I may not use a screwdriver to remove the wood trim like the guy in the video though!

I don't know if there's a shortcut or not, but that video covers everything. If it was me, I'd wrap some masking tape round the screwdriver blade  to protect the trim.

5 minutes ago, Tulpen said:

I don't know if there's a shortcut or not, but that video covers everything. If it was me, I'd wrap some masking tape round the screwdriver blade  to protect the trim.

Or use a Bojo?

33 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Special tool time again?

IMG_0282.JPG

I can tell that you're very keen to use that, may I suggest you try it on yours first, then let us know how you got on!

I would highly recommend getting some Bojo tools, - makes removing stuff like that easy and very quick, with little risk of damaging anything.

Too easy to cause damage with screwdrivers etc

15 minutes ago, PJD said:

I would highly recommend getting some Bojo tools, - makes removing stuff like that easy and very quick, with little risk of damaging anything.

Too easy to cause damage with screwdrivers etc

I have been meaning to get some, in fact I've been meaning to get some for years, which only proves my wife right, I do procrastinate! Still, it's worth being guilty of that minor crime just to be able to use a word like "procrastinate"!

It's a crime I'm guilty of.

Stuff like bojos are ideal for putting on your birthday, Father's Day or Christmas list and the procrastination is over.

Mine we're a father day gift from my daughter.

1 hour ago, Verbout said:

It's a crime I'm guilty of.

Stuff like bojos are ideal for putting on your birthday, Father's Day or Christmas list and the procrastination is over.

Mine we're a father day gift from my daughter.

I'm just going to treat myself and buy some.  As it happens I was a shop today where I could have got them, but I forgot!

1 hour ago, Verbout said:

Stop nagging me in the privacy of my own smart phone!  Thanks for the links, I'm going to order them over the weekend.... I'm sure I am..

• Like 1

On 28/10/2016 at 5:55 PM, Verbout said:

Well I did get a grip and bought a set of trim removal tools.  As it happens you were right about the front of the switches popping off, they came off easily.  Obviously it doesn't give access to the wiring etc but that wasn't what I wanted, all I needed was to remove the little piece of loose plastic from inside.  It was a tiny piece, probably been there for years.  Thanks for the advice!

IMG_20161105_122413005_HDR.jpg