Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer only customisations via carista

floggit

Taken me two weeks of setting up on the media screen options and dash computer to tweek things to my liking but also wanted to change some dealer only options. While my dealer would probably have helped you also get a lot of " no that cant be done " or " we will do it on the next service, or theyll charge. Plus i like to try things and change at my convienience if i dont like it.

Downloaded the carista app, purchased a £12 obd2 reader off eBay ( instead of the £40 carista item) paid the in app charge of £8 for a weeks access. Connected as instructed and had a look through the customisation menus.

changed a few things including one beep reverse and windows up/down on remote (had this on other dars and it suits me) and set to beep so you know youve activated windows and not just locks which ive kept silent.

Found it quick and easy and simple to use . Have a week to try things out and if i decide to change things again £8 wont break the bank.

digitechbuys-uk was the seller i bought the reader from and delivery was fast.

you can veiw the carista site for a guide list of options to change for your car / year

Haha, yes anyones welcome, it took 5mins start to finish. By not using the carista obd2 it was done for under £20.

if theres a group of people close to each other it could be a very cheap thing to do.

• Like 1

200h ,,,,ive set windows to beep and just locks silent. Ill just be careful with it.

stormchaser,,,, not on mine ,i had it on previous cars and did use it. I think lexus changed the spec over the years.

:-)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The windows open and close with remote is a customisable function so Lexus haven't cost cut; they just ship with it disabled and your dealer can enable it.  With the RX450 there's a list of customisable features starting at page 619 of the Owners Manual.  Some you can do yourself; others your dealer can set.  My dealer reconfigured it free in a couple of minutes.  A lot of manufacturers do this; Audi used to have the auto door lock function as a dealer enabled option but windows open and close on remote as a default setting; Lexus are the opposite. 

When I got the car I thought it strange that the function wasn't available; asked the salesman who said no it doesn't have that!  Went back home spent some time looking through the manual and found it and included it in my training session for him.  That's not a joke; when I was asking him about using the various controls etc. he said we can learn together.  The worrying thing was that after a couple of days I knew more than him and he sold the cars! 

• Like 1

Drivers side immediately above hand brake in panel below steering wheel, get your head under the steering wheel look up and left

Good to know. I'll be changing some things on mine with Techstream soon.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Yes I think you're right (in fact I know you're right after my research).

I've managed to source a Samsung Galaxy S4 with a cracked screen that should work while I wait for my wifi OBD2 reader!

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing the changes that can be achieved.

Wanting to change:

reverse beeping, unlock doors when driver opens door, 'follow me home' lights for 30 seconds.

Would also be great if I could add a noise when the car locks but I'm not expecting that this can be done. Have always wondered why we don't have this in the UK like they do in the states. It's very useful.

Got the OBD2 and the phone paired and the Carista app is not recognising the device. Extremely frustrating.

Any tips? Like which order to insert the reader or anything? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links