Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TV Controls

bluenose1940

I'm aiming this question at you brilliant techno bods who always seem to come up with answers.no matter what I ask.

I have purchased a Soundbase that sits very snugly under my TV and my wife and I can actually hear what is being said rather than having to put the subtitles on!!!

Additional to the 'Dialogue' setting, we do get a reasonable 'surround sound' effect (good enough for us anyway) and if we play any music, the sound is considerably better than the TV speakers.

Anyway, on to my question.......I have linked the new Soundbase to the TV and so can control the on/off for both from the one remote (The Soundbase remote)  Obviously the Sky  setup is totally separate and I have to control that with its own remote.  So, does anyone know if it would be possible to put EVERYTHING on to the Sky remote, or is that expecting too much?

The Soundbase that I have purchased is a Pioneer and I have found the preset codes for my Panasonic equipment, presumably if this is going to work I would need to suss out the make of the Sky+ box.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I broke a remote for my denon reciever a few years ago. The replacement was nit cost effective and the sky / tv relote wont gandle the functions.

my solution was the logitech harmony remote range. Charges from a dock and controls everything. Check their web page for compatibility but may give you another option?

• Like 1

Seconded, the Harmony remote is a great bit of kit, very versatile. I have it controlling all my AV kit.

Even if your device isn't immediately compatible you can 'teach' the remote the basic functions, then send Logitech an email request, they can quickly update their database.

Had, and still have, a Logitech harmony 555 for years, controls TV, PVR, Bose surround sound, Marantz sound system and anything you wish to program into it. You can add any new kit to its internal memory by connecting to the Logitech website that saves all your setting.

The new remotes look fabulous but I think expensive.

They don't make the 555 anymore but it's been faultless.

Yes they are pricey bluenose but a lovely bit of kit. Once setup its so much easier. One press and all relevant units turn on to watch tv or bluray. Even if i hadnt broke my denon remote id still use one as its more convienient than swapping between 3/4 remotes on the sofa lol. 100% recommended.:wink1:

Perhaps an alternative to this is is a computer auto on energy saver multi adapter. This plugs into the mains, and you plug your computer "or tv" into the adapter. When you turn on your computer "or tv" it turns on the other outlets on the adapter. These would normally be for powering other computer peripherals, printer, scanner, ect, but in your case the sound bar. Turning off the tv will remove power from the sound bar.

John.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links