Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a 2000-W LS400 with the combined Sat-Nav, Audio and Climate touch-screen,

The screen and some of the buttons only work intermittently, any ideas on repair or replacement ? 

(I have already tried E-Bay).

Thanks in advance.

Hi Alex

The screen in the LS400s is know to be quite reliable and I have not some across any commn problems with them

I would start with simple Battery test - Get it tested to make sure all the cells are holding charge

I would also recommend removing the negative terminal for 10 minutes to reset all electrics - but before you do so familiarise yourself with the reconnect/restart procedure becuase i think yours being a 2000 the immobilisor will probably kick in.

hope this helps

• Like 1

When I bought my 98 Mark 4 I saw the screen as a potential source of mutiple loss of information so purchased a unit off eBay when one came up a month after I bought the car.

Fortunately  I have not needed to replace mine yet but your experience confirms my foresight.

Check out the breakers they will have them but may ask a lot as they are over £5k to replace.

The touch screens of early Toyota/Lexus cars suffer with cracking soldered joints on a plug and socket arrangement between two circuit boards in the screen assembly. On later cars the solder pads were increased in size to cure the problem This can be repaired if your handy with a soldering iron.

Full instructions can be found on the Prius chat forum. Do a search on intermittent MFD display.  The LCD touch screens themselves can also be obtained "not from Toyota or Lexus" in case of damage caused by the use of suction cups to hold phones, and such on the screen. Why someone would do that I do not know, but it does happen.

Edited by Britprius
Addition

Hi Matthew

I was a bit remiss in my post on the cost of a replacement screen I should have said the whole module which fits in the centre console made up of the various audio /  air conditioning and satnav controls.

I doubt if anybody and certainly not a breaker is going to separate the touch screen out of the module so I am afraid it will be the case of buying the module. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links