Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS 1989 runs great

LS400 1989

Hi

I install New restored ECU box from Lscowboyls, that give my LS new life , then new Denso sparkwires, Denso copper sparks,

new OEM gearbox mount, new Bilstein b5, new springs, replace airschocks. Next year i replace complete timing belt kit, rotors,

caps, engine mounts, fuel filter, i only buy OEM parts.  

My LS use 0,9 liter for 10km, that is good for V8 from 1989.total miles from new is 111200 miles.

Wait for spring, only for summer use, now its garaged from salt and winter.

Gunnar

IMG_2431.JPG

You've been a busy boy!  Does that mean yours had air suspension and you've replaced it with springs, or am I just misunderstanding what you're saying?

I bet you can't wait for next Spring.  Will you sneak in occasionally and talk to it, maybe make it some cocoa!!🍵

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

From Sweden, they salt roads here a lot, so garage  in winter, my LS sold new at Longo-Lexus El Monte California

Delivery Nov27 1989 produced Sep. I keep it in original, sorry not air, price on new airshocks is horrible.

I also make flush on automat and new oil, all oil new, Also change brake fluid every year.

I look after and replace before i got problem, and i think ECU box is problem on every old Lexus, and it

make so much problem, that seems to be other problem.

IMG_2319.JPG

IMG_2076.JPG

I think it's quite amazing, keep getting to do all the issues before they arise and you should have a car that might last another 27 years, Well done.

I admire your dedication but know there's a tremendous economic argument here too  ..............  you will have brilliant comfortable and reliable motoring for decades to come and at almost zero cost.

And I'm sure petrol fuel will still be available too ( hopes ):smile:

Malc1