Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The CD changer on my 2003 LS430 has jammed.  Might have been because of my fumbling during a CD swap exercise.  Three CDs are stuck in there.  Does anyone have any experience of this problem?  It's fairly obvious that taking the device out will involve dismantling most of the car, and in any event I suspect that a new replacement would cost the earth.  But someone out there might know of an easier solution.  The radio works, of course.  And this is the first fault of any kind in over two years of splendid driving.

Anthony

hello, on my old Lexus IS 200 that i used to have, i had a CD that stuck in the changer same as you.. if i remember correctly, i left it in for a few days and then one day i turned on the ignition and started the car and pressed  eject and it came out!.. So maybe it's worth waiting a few days to see if it unsticks when you turn the car on.  Hope it works. 

It's not hard to do I've  had a go at it a good few times because of the cd error on screen. I managed to remove all the cd's but the fault remained. It seems like when this error occurs it spells the death nel for for the cd player leaving you with the cassette and radio. There is a "how to" on YouTube if you type it in.