Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Wear (rear) - 4 wheel alignment

I have an IS300 Sport. My front tyres are fine and still on 4mm at 32000. I replaced my rear tyres at 30,000 miles even though they were still on 3mm. The reason was because although they looked fine the insides had gone done to the braiding and were illegal but I did not realise this. When I spoke to Lexus about it and asked if I needed a 4 wheel alignment they just said it was an issue with all IS models and it did not need 4 wheel alignment. Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, no1kingfisher said:

I have an IS300 Sport. My front tyres are fine and still on 4mm at 32000. I replaced my rear tyres at 30,000 miles even though they were still on 3mm. The reason was because although they looked fine the insides had gone done to the braiding and were illegal but I did not realise this. When I spoke to Lexus about it and asked if I needed a 4 wheel alignment they just said it was an issue with all IS models and it did not need 4 wheel alignment. Any suggestions?

Yes the service guy is spot on.

The rear wheels have negative camber, non adjustable btw so yes its a feature of the car, as with some BMW's you will find.

This will give you all the info you need:

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/tyres-wheels-lexus.php

As I said it is a big known issue which can be corrected. I like many ignored my dealer on this and took my previous IS there. After they corrected the geo the difference in my car was night and day. Totally changes the feel of the car. Take it from someone who has owned a mk1 IS and tried and tested this fix.

3 minutes ago, Arqum said:

This will give you all the info you need:

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/tyres-wheels-lexus.php

As I said it is a big known issue which can be corrected. I like many ignored my dealer on this and took my previous IS there. After they corrected the geo the difference in my car was night and day. Totally changes the feel of the car. Take it from someone who has owned a mk1 IS and tried and tested this fix.

He doesnt own a MK1 IS, its either a typo and in the wrong section

It says IS300h F-Sport on his profile - these have non adjustable negative camber on the rear causing inner wear but its a character of the car, can't be changed.

23 minutes ago, no1kingfisher said:

I Have a 2014 IS300 not a MK1 and I live in County Durham

Yep well known on these, its the non adjustable negative camber. Nothing you can do really, 30k is plenty for the rear tyres anyway. I change the ones on my RX every 25k