Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice needed - 2007 is 250 se auto

Balthane

Hi folks

Going to look at this one tomorrow. It's done 48k miles. My questions are how often does the cambelt/timing need changing and are there any problems I should look out for. I know sod all about cars. My present vehicle is a 2002 is 200 which I have had for almost 6 years and is the best car I've owned.

All comments, thoughts and advice will be gratefully received

Hello,

Don't worry about the timing belt, it has a chain so just make sure there is no excessive rattle from it on a cold start.

Check the service history as oil changes are critical on chain driven engines.

Listen for any  unusual/knocks bangs from the suspension indicating worn bushes/joints.

Check the brakes for seized callipers.

Try every button and check every adjustment to make sure it works.

You can check the MOT history with just the numberplate and make,  useful for seeing if any advisories were issued and you can ensure the mileage matches the MOTs.

Obtain a HPI or similar check to ensure not stolen, accident damaged or has outstanding finance on it.

If you are not confident in making checks take someone who knows the cars.

If you are buying from a dealer you have greater consumer rights than from a private sale.

If you want to post up a link we would be happy to comment good or bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and many thanks to all of you for your advice and guidance. I am very grateful. In the light of both my own experience with Lexus and your helpful advice I have decided to knock the Mercedes project on the head. This Friday I will be picking up a 2007 Lexus IS 200 SE.

Thanks again to you all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links