Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Always fancied an Accord

noby76

ok so almost 5 years of Lexus ownership both IS300 and GS430 time has come for me to part... picked up a nice 1 owner Accord 2.4 Executive Auto always liked these models its no GSV8 but its a nice place to be in and actually performs similar to the IS250 i test drove when my car went into dealers  for some work done years ago the engine/gearbox does perform well for a 4 cylinder. some pics of my ride.. still have the GS430 but will eventually sell it at some point.. :smile:

honda1.jpg

honda2.jpg

honda3.jpg

honda4.jpg

honda5.jpg

honda6.jpg

• Like 2

Cheers Mark, yeh they well equipped cars and was surprised at how smooth they actually drive on the m'way.. and the engine note or VTEC sound as they call at 6K rpm to 7.5K rpm is quite addictive :smile:.. nice little rocket will eventually refurb all 4 alloys and light smoke tinted windows maybe some front wind deflectors. makes me wonder how the Legends will drive like as this feels more like a V6 than a 4 cylinder at cruising speeds

Hi good choice ,very nice car to travel in ,and goes better than you would think ;my son has a 2004 , I look after ,bought at 17000 miles now on 130 000 runs like a watch regularly serviced ,oil changed every 6000 miles ,only problems , exhaust corrosion and a couple of seized callipers ;sound familiar to is 250 owners ?   should serve you well

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks BluesMan and Dave.. will get the calipers checked mines at 109K 1 owner from new for the last 13 years..Just couldn't resit it when i saw the colour interior and owner history.. I couldn't care less if it has a Honda badge but i recon honda should have marketed these under the Acura brand name just like in the US then maybe it will be noticed more as 'Premium' car. sure does drive well for a 13 year old and not that different from an IS250 auto gen 1 i drove at cruising speeds

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2016 at 0:13 PM, noby76 said:

Thanks BluesMan and Dave.. will get the calipers checked mines at 109K 1 owner from new for the last 13 years..Just couldn't resit it when i saw the colour interior and owner history.. I couldn't care less if it has a Honda badge but i recon honda should have marketed these under the Acura brand name just like in the US then maybe it will be noticed more as 'Premium' car. sure does drive well for a 13 year old and not that different from an IS250 auto gen 1 i drove at cruising speeds

I thought the Acura marque is the Honda Legend ?

Btw, the g/fs Honda Legend is a bit darker body colour but same upholstery ( I'm told it's rare ) and as a V6 it's quite brilliant .......  but i do prefer my Ls400 :wub:

Malc

On 19/11/2016 at 7:12 PM, rayaans said:

That's some fancy wood there ☺

They don't say "VTEC kicked in yo" for no reason now do they?!

Yeh interior looks better than my previous IS300 :smile:

16 hours ago, BarneyTT said:

Love the colour, and the car itself looks and sounds interesting. Would be interested to hear what the overall driving experience is like.

Enjoy anyway:thumbsup:

Paint work still in good condition for age might do a pro valet once the sun comes out next year.  so far does drive nice gearbox changes not as as smooth as the Lexus's but not far off either does idle very quiet, build quality on par with the IS's solid with no dash board or interior rattles or noises.  what surprised me is how responsive the throttle and gearbox combination is when compared to my previous IS and GS unless you were driving in ECT power mode they were quite sluggish. motorway cruising is smooth all in all a well built car for its time.

16 hours ago, Malc1 said:

I thought the Acura marque is the Honda Legend ?

Btw, the g/fs Honda Legend is a bit darker body colour but same upholstery ( I'm told it's rare ) and as a V6 it's quite brilliant .......  but i do prefer my Ls400 :wub:

Malc

Yes the Honda Legend is sold as the Acura RLX, this model Accord was sold as the TSX with slightly more power and the GS equivalent is sold as RLX.. I did consider the Legend but currenty looking to cu down on my car running costs to sort a few things out. that might be my next upgrade once I am ready for a larger engined car.

I think the Accord might be cheaper on the pocket than the Legend tbh, My indie tells me it's very challenging to source spares other than from Honda main dealer as there are so very few Legend's ( of any age ever ) sold into the UK market. BUT so far 3.5 months the car's been BRILLIANT ( 56 plate SH-AWD 106 k miles ) ....   but not so as I would change my Ls400 for it ( ever ) ....... my / the 4 ltr V8 is exceptional, now at 190k miles and will last me another 21 years I guess  ..........  hahahahaha  I've had this one 5 years and my third over 15 years of constantly driving Ls400s

Malc1

Malc1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, noby76 said:

Paint work still in good condition for age might do a pro valet once the sun comes out next year.  so far does drive nice gearbox changes not as as smooth as the Lexus's but not far off either does idle very quiet, build quality on par with the IS's solid with no dash board or interior rattles or noises.  what surprised me is how responsive the throttle and gearbox combination is when compared to my previous IS and GS unless you were driving in ECT power mode they were quite sluggish. motorway cruising is smooth all in all a well built car for its time.

Sounds like a good car considering it's age, interesting to read how it holds up well to an IS.

This is a car I've considered should the need ever arise to downsize, hence my interest.

Will follow your updates on the car with interest.

Cheers John.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice :)

I loved when I had my Legend and have grown with Honda ownership. The only thing that annoyed me was the lack of "support" for my model the AC compressor had gone, could not repair it.. even the dealer would not give a definite answer.
And this Takata airbag issue ... annoyed me the most with Honda HQ messing about and not giving a definite answer or a courtesy car :(

But it did take me to Greece and back and I was really in comfort and luxury. Shame about the A/C not working as the temperatures were 40C ouch lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I like the colour and interior, particularly the instrument panel. It looks in exceptional condition, you have real cracker there! 

A luxury at a very reasonable price no doubt - well sourced.

A beautiful car and a lovely,quality interior.Makes me think of ROVER for some reason.

Regards

John

• Like 1

Thanks Guys, they sure are nice cars to drive 3 months in and 3,000 miles driven so far and nothings gone wrong.. everything in the car still functions including the AC, Satnav, sun roof, DVD, 6cd Changer, Cruise control etc.. credit to the previous owner..will still do detailed write up when i have had it a bit longer :smile:

• Like 2