Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner introduction.

Whilst the population of the entire planet waits anxiously to discover who will be the next leader of the free world, I have far more pressing matters to divert my attention; namely the imminent arrival of my RC F.

So, as I wait impatiently for the bloody thing to finally turn up, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself on here.

Hello.

Good to meet you all. Nice cars aren't they?

This seems to be the only UK forum for these cars, or have I missed something?

As a fresh-faced newcomer looking in, my thoughts are that the club/forum might benefit from an independent "F" section for individual models, or at least IS/RC/GS models combined. Just thinking out loud, so to speak.

This is gonna be good.........

Welcome Soperman. I think this is the only UK RC-F forum and it is quite quiet. I also spend time on the busier IS-F forum as many of the topics are still relevant.

What colour? Where from? What sort of deal did you squeeze out of them?

Thank you for the welcome, MNMJ, and I'll certainly keep an eye on that ISF forum.

I suppose a quiet forum is a reflection of the scarcity of these cars, but exclusivity was one of several reasons I selected an RC F in the first place.

This particular one is an Azure non-carbon example with all the trimmings, and hasn't appeared on sale as it's been sourced indirectly from Lexus GB's fleet before it hit the retail network. There is no particular tangible advantage acquiring the car in this manner, it is just the right spec, at a reasonable deal at the right time.

I must now exercise some resolve and stop looking at everything that comes on the market from now on, as only despair will ensue. It's rather like buying an HD TV and seeing it for sale 6 months later for half the price.

On 09/11/2016 at 10:19 AM, Soperman said:

Thank you for the welcome, MNMJ, and I'll certainly keep an eye on that ISF forum.

I suppose a quiet forum is a reflection of the scarcity of these cars, but exclusivity was one of several reasons I selected an RC F in the first place.

This particular one is an Azure non-carbon example with all the trimmings, and hasn't appeared on sale as it's been sourced indirectly from Lexus GB's fleet before it hit the retail network. There is no particular tangible advantage acquiring the car in this manner, it is just the right spec, at a reasonable deal at the right time.

I must now exercise some resolve and stop looking at everything that comes on the market from now on, as only despair will ensue. It's rather like buying an HD TV and seeing it for sale 6 months later for half the price.

Interesting approach to buying and im sure you won't be disappointed with it. I presume you test drove it beforehand right?

Im constantly looking for another RX to replace mine but they all seem to have dodgy specs - one is the wrong colour combo but has all the toys, another is the right colour combo but no HUD or ML (Ive decided I can live without the ML though but the HUD is a must)!

Did you just get in contact with the dealer to check through Lexus GB fleet?

If you are struggling in your search for a nearly new example, you may wish to do as I did and ask your dealer to ascertain what's soon coming off Lexus GB's demo/press fleet before they are auctioned off or otherwise made available to the retail network.

Mine is now on the driveway and, on the whole, I'm rather pleased.

I have driven various RC Fs over the last 18 months or so, but as these occasions were typically away from the public highways, I had almost forgotten their on-road civility. We have all read the uncomplimentary track reviews against the obvious competitors, but back in the real world, on real roads, and over a typical ownership period, I am not convinced that the RC F is dynamically surpassed by its rivals.

Niggles? Whilst still edible, the navigation has passed its sell-by date, and my extensive efforts to hook up to the archaic Lexus Disconnected Services have not been entirely successful. Range looks like it might be an issue. A permanently erect rear spoiler and a minor dash rattle warrant a trip back to the local Lexus centre for my particular car.

Positives? Tasty performance when it's required from that top-endy V8, arresting aesthetics, the aforementioned civility, and not being pigeonholed as a throttle-blipping-alpha male-AM4G-driving pillock.

• Like 1

Hi Soperman and welcome to the LOC. We are a friendly bunch so please don’t hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they don’t go wrong that often.

We always love to see pictures of your cars so don't be shy.

Happy Lexus Motoring.

Mike. Bluesman.

18 hours ago, Soperman said:

If you are struggling in your search for a nearly new example, you may wish to do as I did and ask your dealer to ascertain what's soon coming off Lexus GB's demo/press fleet before they are auctioned off or otherwise made available to the retail network.

Mine is now on the driveway and, on the whole, I'm rather pleased.

I have driven various RC Fs over the last 18 months or so, but as these occasions were typically away from the public highways, I had almost forgotten their on-road civility. We have all read the uncomplimentary track reviews against the obvious competitors, but back in the real world, on real roads, and over a typical ownership period, I am not convinced that the RC F is dynamically surpassed by its rivals.

Niggles? Whilst still edible, the navigation has passed its sell-by date, and my extensive efforts to hook up to the archaic Lexus Disconnected Services have not been entirely successful. Range looks like it might be an issue. A permanently erect rear spoiler and a minor dash rattle warrant a trip back to the local Lexus centre for my particular car.

Positives? Tasty performance when it's required from that top-endy V8, arresting aesthetics, the aforementioned civility, and not being pigeonholed as a throttle-blipping-alpha male-AM4G-driving pillock.

Ive heard about the spoiler issues on these before.

They seem to have affected quite a few over in the states and the fix is to just remove everything and stick a new motor in. Lexus tend to remove the whole dash to find rattles, if its minor Id probably suggest you live with it but worth a shot anyway. Dont want to fix a rattle now and then have another 3 down the line afterwards!

Hi Soperman and welcome to the club, no rattles hear so far, sometimes a slight creaking from the sunroof but a good clean normally sorts it out, no problems with the spoiler raising and retracting either, mind you i don't drive fast enough for it to rise,lol.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links