Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear bumper scrape

Gutted I did thus yesterday on the school run. Wasn't paying attention and had my rear sensor on short to beep so was all of a sudden it went to a solid beeeep.

Happened on reversing to a wall that has a step out section to the right side of the car I clipped!!

3335a3f3b79d90b28abbeac5c68ca0b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

How maddening.  Like my front skirt kerb scrapes.  End up parking two feet away from everything around and especially both sides when supermarket parking.  Someone is bound to have a suggestion as to how to mend the damage.  Hope so, as I have a noticeable scratch on the boot lid which needs repair.    

• Like 1

This job is going to cost me £60.00 on my LS400 at my local body shop.

I would find a decent smart repairer locally unless you fancy a drive to Derbyshire.

IMG_0395.JPG

That's not bad at all. Mine is going to need some filling too and been quoted £175 [emoji16]

3 hours ago, BigChange said:

What is a long beep and a short beep.?  My alarm sounds when any one/thing gets within 3 feet of front or back.  If it is adjustable, how is this done ?

It's under the settings somewhere but I keep it on long - so yes 3 ft. 

Id prefer a long beep than hitting it somewhere. Long beep seems to pick up kerbs up front too 

the repair looks good, i am sure whatever it cost to repair it will always be a reminder to be careful whilst reversing.

Absolutely and the guy who did the job said it was nearly in need of a new bumper so feel I got off likely with £180 bill!