Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

am the proud owner of a is250 for the last 3 years ,however am hankering for a change and quite fancy a 450h, my commute is only 7 miles each way at an average speed of 30 mph ,bit of start stop on the way home , usually in quite a bit of traffic, probably a few trips of 70 miles plus every 2 months ,so my question is would a hybrid suit this type of commute, thanks in anticipation of any advice :)

Steve,

I have a Gen 3 450h and in the local conditions you describe I would expect to obtain 26-28 mpg, in total silence, approaching 35mpg on your trips every 2 months.Again in serene comfort and silence.

It is not a matter of whether the car would suit the conditions it is more a matter of whether you would suit the car.......and I am sure you would!

Do let us all know how you get on.

Regards

John

Steve,

I agree completely with royoftherovers. My 450h is 2007 and my experience of short journeys with longer ones occasionally is exactly as he describes. My longer ones can be up to 4 hours without a break and I can do this without problem. In my previous gen 2 GS300 I would stop every hour or so to stretch.

Do it! You will love it. 

John

• Like 1

As has been mentioned, the gs just takes the drive to the next level of effortless.

i also fnd the GS450h slightly more economical on all the same journeys compared to my is250 so its win, win.

carl

thanks very much for replies, the mpg figures you quote seem to be the same as my is250 ,so i will certainly look into this a bit further now and perhaps have a test drive soon ,my little pot of money doesn't arrive until april, :), so plenty of time to do some research.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zotto said:

Consider also that new gen. of GS450h, after 2012, have better mpg compared to 3rd gen GS.

Very true and most helpful Zotto.

It depends upon the size of his budget of course. Gen 3 or Gen 4....he cannot fail to be pleased.

Regards

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links