Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I had a driver go into the back of my RX, she admitted was her fault, so doesn't affect my ncd. Took the car to Hills in Woodford, guite excellent repairs initiated by Ian the body shop manager: BUT car was taken back to Woodford by the bodyshop for Mot and service.. then the  problems started, the garage lost the keys, they had to send a driver to my home to collect the spare set, they then had to order a replacement fob, this arrived but lacked the metal key, which I am still waiting for, after 2weeks.

So I am very disappointed with this, certainly not what I expect from Lexus Woodford.

Its just unbelievable that a company like Lexus who advertise that quality of every stage is the most important thing in their arsenal towards customers but time and time again you hear stories just like yours which for them should be so easy to rectify. Good luck with sorting it. Mike. 

It does seem to vary quite a bit depending on where you go.

I have heard bad things about Woodford a few times on here.  On the flip side, I have never had any issues with the dealers I have gone to.

• Like 1

I'm going to have to delve into the realm of Lexus dealers quite soon for my 100k service, my local Toyota garage didn't want to know so it looks like a trip to Lexus Bolton is on the cards. Hope they are better.I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

Without wanting to be alarmist, there have been reported incidents of keys going missing... and cars being subsequently stolen off people's drives, sometimes weeks or even months afterwards. I am sure it is unlikely, but it is something you need to be aware of nonetheless.

I would therefore make a fuss about it but leave it to the dealer to offer an acceptable solution... whatever this may be. 

However, I would recommend against putting forward any suggestion yourself as if the car still goes missing, the dealer may hide behind the fact that they acted upon your request/suggestion/recommendation and therefore cannot be blamed.

Still no key for my fob. The garage have told me that they have disabled the lost fob so it cannot be used to start the car, however  they agreed entry to the car could still be made using the key, with alarms going off! So this leaves the car vulnerable.

It would be worse if the old key had a tag with the vehicle reg number on it (such as mechanics tend to do when faced with many keys for the vehicles in the workshop)...

If this is the case, then I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask them to change the locks!

Might be worth speaking to your insurance company for advice, they may want to get involved to tell the garage what they should do!

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On 17/11/2016 at 1:02 PM, Gliderpilot said:

I'm going to have to delve into the realm of Lexus dealers quite soon for my 100k service, my local Toyota garage didn't want to know so it looks like a trip to Lexus Bolton is on the cards. Hope they are better.I'll keep you posted.

Depends where you are in Lancashire, but I went to Charlesworth Motors (near Glossop) for my 100k service and they were fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links